Nina Cao is an associate in the Corporate & Securities practice in Mayer Brown’s New York office. She maintains a broad M&A practice, representing public and private companies, including private equity, financial advisors, infrastructure fund and insurance company clients, in corporate and business combination transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, investments, co-investments, joint ventures, strategic alliances, cross-border transactions, among others. She represents clients in a wide variety of industries, including infrastructure, energy, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, health care services and asset management.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Nina worked in one of the largest China-based law firms’ New York office as a senior associate where she advised on M&A transactions, private equity and venture capital investments and other foreign direct investments.
M&A/Joint Ventures/Cross-Border Transactions
- Represented French multinational utility Engie SA in its proposed acquisition of Texas-based battery storage company Broad Reach Power from funds managed by PE firm EnCap Investments LLP and its co-investment partners for a total equity value of more than $1 billion, which will strengthen ENGIE's position as a leader in the energy transition in the United States.
- Represented Takeda in its in-license of exclusive worldwide (ex-China) rights to Fruquintinib from HUTCHMED (China) Limited for an upfront payment of $400 million, milestone payments of up to $730 million and royalties on net sales.
- Represented a subsidiary of KKR & CO. Inc. in the sale of 100% of the equity interests in a 1,171 MWac operating solar portfolio consisting of 11 projects in 8 states.
- Represented a financial investor in its acquisition of the equity interests in multiple project companies for the development and construction of an aggregate of 55.0 MWac portfolio of solar-powered electricity generating plants.
- Represented The Jordan Company in its acquisition through a newly formed company of four global business segments of Trimble Inc. (Protempis, a timing and synchronization solutions company; Loadrite, a weighing solutions company; Spectra Precision, a manufacturer of precision laser instruments; and SECO, a surveying equipment and instruments provider).
- Represented Joinn Laboratories China Co. Ltd. in its acquisition of Biomedical Research Models, a Boston-based pre-clinical CRO.
- Represented Tsingshan Group in its acquisition of the DRAP business line of Allegheny Technologies Incorporated (NYSE: ATI) by forming a joint venture.
- Represented a Chinese publicly listed biotech pharmaceutical company in its investment in a Maryland-based therapeutical company.
- Represented ZTE Corporation in its acquisition of a controlling stake in a California-based commercial physical and biological research company.
- Represented a private equity fund in its acquisition of an Alabama-based molecular diagnostic company.
- Represented Thalys Medical Technology Group in its investment in LevitasBio, a Stanford spinout commercializing a cell purification and separation technology based on magnetic levitation.
- Represented a Chinese publicly listed medical equipment manufacturing and distributing company in its investment in a California-based molecular diagnostics company.
- Represented a global PE firm in its serial investments in three biotechnology companies.
- Represented a global maritime company in its strategic acquisitions of a majority stake in three Indian aquatic products processing companies.
- Represented Yixing Capital in its acquisition of global furniture company Lexington Home Brands, Inc.
- Represented a group of private equity funds in their joint acquisition of a California-based video producing company.
- Represented a California software system designing and development company in its venture capital financing, restructuring and re-domiciliation to Cayman Islands through a reverse triangular merger.
Washington University in St. Louis, JD
- New York