Ester Chow advises both lenders and borrowers across the full spectrum of banking and finance matters, including:
- Complex cross-border and multijurisdictional financing
- Senior secured private structured lending with bespoken financing
- Fund finance, including capital call facilities to PE funds and SMA funds, GP lines, NAV financing
- General corporate and investment grade lending and refinancing to private structured lending
- Acquisition and leveraged financing
- Pre-IPO financing
- Margin financing
- Other event-driven financing transactions, whether secured or unsecured, syndicated, or bilateral
- UBO, SMBC, MUFG., OCBC and CITIC Bank, as mandated lead arrangers on the structuring and provision of the term loan facilities to fund the winning bid by ESR for the acquisition of a logistics site in Kwai Chung.
- The arranger on the structuring and provision of EUR62 million offshore facilities to refinance existing onshore/offshore facilities with respect to a real property in Ho Chi Minh City.
- A Mauritius-based private credit fund on a bridge facility to fund the acquisition of coal barges in Indonesia.
- An Asia-based private credit fund on dual facilities: an acquisition facility and a pre-IPO term facility (under an onshore-offshore credit structure) to a Chinese cinema investment group in a VIE structure, with equity options, first and second lien security sharing and intercreditor arrangements, onshore security and VIE holders’ undertakings; also advised on subsequent series of amendments in light of the group pre-IPO restructurings.
- A global investment bank as the lead arranger on a US$150 million secured pre-IPO term facility to a leading China-based textile machinery manufacturer, with built-in mechanism for automatic conversion into an SBLC-back facility and interim partial release of credit support.
- An Asia-based private credit fund on a US$215 million refinancing term loan facility to a Chinese real property developer, secured by real property in Hawaii.
- An Asia-based private credit fund on the financing of a voluntary general offer for a Singapore-listed integrated logistics solutions provider.
- A leading Taiwanese bank as the lead arranger on a HK dollar denominated secured syndicated loan to finance a pilot mortgage financing programme established by a Hong Kong based investment fund sponsor, with Hong Kong mortgaged residential properties as the underlying assets.
- A China-based credit fund on a US$60 million secured term loan to finance the acquisition of land and buildings in California, secured by the acquired real properties and with a bespoke escrow control over loan proceeds.
- A global investment bank as the lead arranger on (i) a US$150 million and GBP112 million refinancing term loan facility to a multinational investor and developer, secured by Ten Trinity Square, a mixed-use Grade II listed building in London, United Kingdom in 2018 and (ii) its original US$500 million term loan facility for the luxury hotel development project in 2015.
- A global investment bank as the lead arranger on a pre-IPO financing by way of private placement of US$30 million convertible bonds to a Chinese mineral mining group company, supported by third ranking security package in Laos and intercreditor arrangement with existing lenders and equity investors.
- The Hong Kong branch of a multinational Chinese bank on a RMB offshore facility (with an onshore-offshore credit structure) to a major China-based property developer for financing the offshore piece of their RMB 128 billion acquisition of 42 real estate project companies located in 16 cities in China.
- A global investment bank as the lead arranger in a US$160 million facility to a Chinese state-owned enterprise, secured by real properties located in Hong Kong, Macau, South Africa and China.
- A global investment bank as the lead arranger in a US$100 million facility to a Chinese state-owned industrial conglomerate, secured by grade A office premises in Hong Kong.
- A global investment bank as the lead arranger on a pre-IPO financing by way of US dollars convertible loan (with greenshoe facility) to a Chinese gold mining company group, with an onshore-offshore credit structure involving intercreditor arrangement with Chinese lenders.
- A global PE fund on a US$85 million margin loan to recapitalise its investment following its minority acquisition in an Indian-listed company, supported by indirect pledge over Indian-listed shares and specifically negotiated sponsors’ undertakings.
- Two global investment banks as joint lenders on an US$1.6 billion margin loan financing relating to shares of a Hong Kong-listed conglomerate, involving a bespoke intercreditor security and coordination arrangement.
- A portfolio company group of a global private equity sponsor in connection with a variety of different financing transactions: (i) a US$55 million bridge facility, (ii) a US$125 million acquisition facility, and (iii) group reorganisation and restructuring of the group’s existing LBO facilities (US$900 million Term Loan B and US$275 million ABL facilities), including maturity extension and repricing.
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
The University of Hong Kong, LLB
The University of Hong Kong, BSocSc, Government & Laws
- New York
- Hong Kong
- Member, The Hong Kong Law Society
- Member, New York Bar Association
- Rising Star - Banking, Hong Kong – IFLR1000
- Recommended - Banking and Finance, Hong Kong – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific