Registered Foreign Lawyer, (Singapore)
Joshua T. K. Woo
Intellectual Property, Technology, Media & Telecommunications, Cybersecurity & Data Privacy
Joshua Woo advises a wide range of clients on all things data protection, including cross-border data transfers, data breach notifications and cybersecurity incident response. Joshua also helps clients with their technology-related needs, including preparing template documentation and platform terms, and counselling clients on their use of novel technologies such as generative AI.
Clients look to Joshua for his extensive experience in data protection and cybersecurity matters, and he has acted as breach coach for hospitality, pharmaceutical, retail and healthcare companies, and financial institutions. Joshua also leverages his experience as a seconded legal counsel to a Singapore digital bank, where he spearheaded the bank’s technology procurement, to provide tailored and practical advice to in-house counsel.
- Advised a global cargo operator in relation to a data privacy project involving the review of its template tender documents, data protection agreements and data processor compliance checklist to ensure compliance with applicable personal data privacy requirements, including the PDPO and GDPR, triggered by cross-border transfers of personal information held by its customers. The project involved conducting interviews with representatives from its seven (7) business units, understanding its business operations and data privacy-related requirements, working with stakeholders to prepare the template documentation and giving a final presentation to the board of management.
- Advised a global automobile manufacturer on its data breach notification requirements under the PRC Data Privacy Laws such as the Personal Information Protection Law, Cybersecurity Law and Data Security Law and recommend changes on a process level to ensure compliance with the aforementioned PRC Data Privacy Laws.
- Notable Practitioner - Hong Kong – Managing IP IP Stars (2023)
- National University of Singapore, LLB
Second Upper Class Honours
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of Singapore