"Flexible, approachable and excellent to work with" "Always willing to go the extra mile for the client and great to have alongside you 'in the trenches'"IFLR 1000 2017
Andrew Stewart focuses on complex commercial transactions, frequently in the sourcing arena, acting both for the customer and the supplier, and mergers and acquisitions, usually of a cross-border nature.
He joined Rowe & Maw, now part of Mayer Brown, in London as a trainee in 1984 and has been a partner since 1994.
- The acquisition by an investment company of an oil refinery in Germany from a major oil company.
- The outsourcing of a FTSE 100 company's global mobile telephony requirements.
- The outsourcing of human capital services by a FTSE 100 company.
- The outsourcing by a FTSE 100 company of its global human resources function.
- The provision of outsourced facilities management services by a FTSE 100 company in connection with a client's global office portfolio.
- The outsourcing of a FTSE 100 company's global telephony requirements.
- A global joint venture between a FTSE 100 company and a Fortune 100 company in the FMCG sector.
- The disposal by a FTSE 100 company of its US, Canadian and European polymers business.
- The disposal by the partners of a corporate finance boutique of a majority stake in their business.
- The disposal of a national daily newspaper.
- The set up by a FTSE 100 company of a new UK hub warehouse.
- The global merger of US and UK human capital consultants.
- The joint venture between a FTSE 100 company and an Australian quoted company combining their respective explosives businesses in India.
- The acquisition by a Fortune 500 chemical company of a refrigeration lubricants business.
The College of Law, London
University of Bristol, LLB
- England and Wales
- A 2018 Acritas Star Lawyer: "He’s a very able lawyer, very good at dealing with us, good knowledge of our organisation, and we work well together. He’s very good at dealing with all stake holders".
- Clients note: "Strong, senior commercial partner. Flexible, approachable and excellent to work with. Good technical lawyer, with a great understanding of what we want and how we operate and a very commercial approach. Able to work and communicate easily with all levels of the organisation. Always willing to go the extra mile for the client and great to have alongside you 'in the trenches'". (IFLR 1000 2017).
- "noted for his 'excellent, pragmatic approach'." (Legal 500 2008).