Has "excellent industry experience" and is a "robust but balanced negotiator"Legal 500 2017
Mark Prinsley concentrates on non contentious intellectual property including, in particular, IT project and outsourcing work.
Mark is head of the Intellectual Property & IT group in London as well as the outsourcing practice. His team wins plaudits for its "clarity, organisation and brief writing" notes Legal 500 2011. He is regularly named as a leading individual in the areas of business process outsourcing, information technology and intellectual property by Chambers’ UK and Global guides. His practice involves acting for customers at all stages of outsourcing transactions. Recent outsourcing projects have included acting for a commodity exchange in the outsourcing of its IT functions; a telecommunications company in IT outsourcing; a global bank in the outsourcing of its human resources functions; a global chemicals company in outsourcing its finance and accounting functions; a global automotive company in the outsourcing of human resources functions; and a consumer goods company in finance and accounting outsourcing. Mark also works on the technology aspects of corporate transactions and advises online gambling businesses including, in particular, in relation to international activities of UK operators.
Recommended by the legal directories, the "excellent" Mark is highlighted as a "thoughtful, pragmatic and commercial lawyer who creates a collaborative working environment" (Chambers UK 2014); clients are impressed with his "very pragmatic, sound business advice," as well as his provision of "creative input to shape business deals, rather than merely executing our instructions." (Chambers UK 2013); he is a "good and very experienced negotiator" (Legal 500 2013).
University of Oxford, Brasenose College, Law Degree
- England and Wales
- Associate, the Institute of Trade Mark Agents
- Member, the legal advisory board of the Federation Against Software Theft (FAST)
- Member, the legal advisory board of the Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers (ALPSP)
Recommended by the legal directories
- Mark Prinsley is recommended for outsourcing and IT procurement agreements of all stripes, and also for his advice on the development and bringing to market of new technology products. He acts for clients in all stages of outsourcing transactions, regularly working on global IT and technology projects. He acts for suppliers and customers, including major clients in the financial services sector. (Chambers UK 2019).
- Headed by IP, IT and outsourcing expert Mark Prinsley, the team at Mayer Brown International LLP handles a range of work that belies its size, from acting for fintech companies on establishing their platforms to assisting a variety of large financial institutions with outsourcing and technological developments. (Legal 500 2018).
- Mark Prinsley heads the firm's London-based IP and IT practice. He is a well regarded practitioner with a fine track record of handling complex outsourcing agreements. He is also spearheading his firm's approach to the emergence of new financial technologies. He assists a range of corporate IT consumers with complex outsourcing transactions, and also advises emerging fintech companies developing and marketing new software products. A client says: "He is a very clear communicator with a personal, engaging and collaborative working style." (Chambers UK 2018);
- IP specialist and group head Mark Prinsley is strong in IT projects and outsourcing; he has "excellent industry experience" and is a "robust but balanced negotiator". (Legal 500 2017);
- Mark Prinsley concentrates primarily on advising customers of sophisticated IT services and counts major corporations and financial service institutions as clients. Sources remark on his "analytical thinking and subject expertise." Clients find him "calm and pragmatic" and value his "wisdom and experience." (Chambers UK 2017);
- Mark Prinsley is noted for his work in IP and IT. He brings considerable expertise to outsourcing clients in these areas and beyond. (Chambers UK 2016);
- Mark Prinsley heads the firm's intellectual property and IT group and offers impressive expertise in a range of IT and human resources outsourcing projects. Clients commend his "great experience and very hands-on approach." He employs a "very practical approach and takes the time to understand the business and what it is we want." He is routinely engaged on significant global outsourcings.(Chambers UK 2015);
- The "excellent" Mark Prinsley is highlighted as a "thoughtful, pragmatic and commercial lawyer who creates a collaborative working environment." (Chambers UK 2014);
- Clients are impressed with his "very pragmatic, sound business advice," as well as his provision of "creative input to shape business deals, rather than merely executing our instructions." (Chambers UK 2013);
- He is a "good and very experienced negotiator" (Legal 500 2013);
- Mark is rated for his intelligent, commercial viewpoint. According to sources, he "turns documents around quickly and meets tough deadlines with ease" (Chambers UK 2011);
- Mark is held up as "the calm voice of reason in heated negotiations." One client described Prinsley as "a calm, measured adviser who is fair and practical" (Chambers UK 2010);
- "First-rate" Mark is a "paragon of calm" and "very client focused" (Legal 500, 2010);
- Is a "first-class" provider of "high quality work" (Legal 500, 2009);
- He has been rated by clients for his "applied, intensely practical legal advice" (Chambers & Partners UK Directory 2009);
Mark has been praised for his skills, with one interviewee enthusing: "I'm delighted to be sitting across the table from him because I respect his judgment and I know the transaction will run smoothly". He "doesn't mess around' and remains especially rated for his outsourcing expertise" (Chambers UK 2007).