Cristiane Manzueto is counsel in the Rio de Janeiro office of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown, and is a member of the Intellectual Property practice. She has been engaged in the intellectual property field for 14 years.
Prior to joining Tauil & Chequer Advogados, Cristiane worked at top tier IP firms in Brazil (Daniel Advogados and Di Blasi, Parente & Associados). Her experience involves management of trademark portfolios, providing legal assistance and counseling on administrative and judicial cases with emphasis on trademarks, copyrights, trade dress, trade secrets, advertising and consumer rights, domain names disputes, Intellectual Property agreements, fashion Law and competition law.
In her last year at Di Blasi, Parente & Associados, she was also responsible for coordinating the litigation department as well as the transfer of the technology department.
Cristiane has assisted national and foreign companies to manage their IP assets, led IP due diligences, assisted companies to negotiate and to purchase a trademark.
In 2015 Cristiane worked at the Trademark Department of a prestigious IP firm in London.
- Responsible for managing trademark portfolio and legal matters for a worldwide beverage industry leader.
- Responsible for managing the Legal Department since February 2016.
- Assisted national and foreign companies to purchase trademark and settle extrajudicial and judicial agreements.
- Led some IP due diligences, during the acquisition of Brazilian companies and new IP portfolios in Brazil.
- Provided consultancy regarding IP rights for entrepreneurs.
- Performance of Trademark worldwide clearance, negotiations (acquisition, coexistence agreement), and prosecution of trademarks advising marketing materials; providing risk assessment on trademark availability, use and registration.
- Draft of C&D letters, Legal Opinions and motions to Federal and State courts as well as to the BTO (oppositions, appeals, office action responses).
- Assisted companies to request and obtain the recognition of the status of “Highly Reputed Mark” with the Brazilian Patent and Trademark Office.
- Legal Advice of foreign and Brazilian clients and development of strategy to enforce trademark, unfair competition, trade dress, copyrights matters and patents.
- Legal Advice for clients regarding copyrights and entertainment Law.
Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Postgraduate in Entertainment Law, WIPO-INPI training to act as mediator in conflicts involving trademarks
Brazilian Patent and Trademark Office Academy, Master Degree Intellectual Property and Innovation
Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro
Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo (PUC-SP), Post Graduate Intellectual Property Law
Associação Brasileira de Propriedade Intelectual, Rio de Janeiro
Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo (PUC-SP), Bachelor of Law
- Invited Professor, Trademark Search, IBMEC- 2016
- Invited Professor, Trademarks, ABAPI - 2015
- ABPI – Brazilian Intellectual Property Association – Member
- INTA – International Trademark Association – Member
- AIPPI - The International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property – Member