Eric J. Edwardson
Consumer Financial Services
Eric Edwardson is a partner in Mayer Brown’s Washington DC office and a member of the Consumer Financial Services group. He provides a broad range of transactional and business counsel to clients in the mortgage banking, student lending, consumer finance, settlement service and related industries, informed by his knowledge of business and operational practices and the regulatory environment.
- Represented a nonbank purchaser of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Ginnie Mae mortgage servicing rights in a coordinated program of more than 45 purchase transactions (including bulk and flow) from multiple sellers, with total purchases related to mortgage loans with aggregate balances in excess of $50 billion, during 2015.
- Represented a nonbank purchaser of Ginnie Mae mortgage servicing rights in a flow purchase arrangement with seller-retained subservicing.
- Represented a banking institution engaged in wealth management in negotiation of agreements for sale of non-conforming residential mortgage loans on servicing retained basis, and in connection with subsequent securitization of loans and related subservicing arrangements.
- Represented a trust purchaser of distressed residential mortgage in coordinated negotiation of two agreements for servicing of portfolio with separate servicers.
- University of Virginia School of Law, JD
Articles Editor, Virginia Tax Review
- University of Virginia, BA, with distinction, Economics
- District of Columbia
- American Bar Association (Business Law and Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Sections)
- Bar Association of District of Columbia
- Virginia Bar Association (Business Law Section)