"Alex Dell is a unique partner of great talent, always willing to go the extra mile to solve challenges."
Praised for his "technical insight combined with commercial pragmatism, makes Alex ideal and a pleasure to work with." He has "a depth of knowledge and experience to meet the sophisticated needs of large corporates."
"Alex Dell has a good level of pragmatism as to what is valuable to explore and what is not."
Clients value Alex Dell's extensive experience in multi-jurisdictional receivables financing programs and ABL transactions. Alex advises on a range of true sale issues as well as borrowing base techniques, both from a lender and borrower perspective. He also has an in-depth knowledge of off-balance sheet considerations. He advises clients on inventory monetization structures, payables finance, fintech platforms, bill discounting and floorplanning.
- Citibank in relation to a $5 billion global receivables programme in favour of IBM group of companies including a $400,000,000 investment by Blackstone into the capital structure.
- Stemcor group of companies in relation to a $960 million refinance of the group's capital structure.
- Barclays Bank Plc, as arranger, agent and lender in a $357.5 million senior secured asset-based revolving credit facility made available to Aurelius to support the purchase of McKesson Corporation's UK business.
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., as arranger, agent and lender, in a $7 billion capital structure including a USD 4,000,000,000 cross-border syndicated asset-based lending transaction made available to Platinum Equity to support the purchase of Ingram Micro group of companies, a leading global information technology provider.
- TPG in relation to $80 million ABL facilities for Revlon group of companies in USA, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, France and Spain.
- Macquarie Bank International, as lead financier, in connection with a €200 million Bills of Exchange discounting programme entered into with Apple Distribution International.
- Deutsche Bank on a €250 million off-balance sheet cross-border receivables purchase facility relating to receivables originated by members of the British American Tobacco group located in Belgium, Luxembourg, South Korea and Australia.
- Banco Santander in relation to a $3 billion global receivables programme in favour of IBM group of companies.
University of Leicester, LLB (Hons) Law
- England und Wales
- Leading individual for Asset Based Lending — Legal 500)
- "Unrivalled in-depth knowledge of the ABL market" — Legal 500
- "Alex Dell has a good level of pragmatism as to what is valuable to explore and what is not" — Legal 500: Banking Lending: Investment Grade Debt and Syndicated Loans
- "Has a fantastic reputation in the market" — Legal 500
- "Commercial and pragmatic" — Legal 500
- "[Alex has the gift of] clarity of communication, making legal issues clear and offering understandable advice" — Legal 500
- Alex is recognised by the Asset Based Finance Association in the UK and the Commercial Finance Association in the US as being a leading lawyer in the UK market