Contentious: over 25 years' experience of resolving building and civil engineering disputes in arbitration, litigation and adjudication and advising on contractual construction matters from defects to delays and final account claims many of the matters have been substantial and complex, requiring the efficient management of very substantial volumes of documents disputes have involved a wide range of projects, both international and in the UK, from hospitals, hotels, shopping centres, housing, office and industrial developments to pipeline dredging and airport construction acted for all sides of the industry, employers, contractors, sub-contractors, consultants and insurers, giving an invaluable perspective.
Non-Contentious: substantial experience of the drafting and negotiation of project documentation, acting for employers, contractors, sub-contractors and consultants on a variety of projects and procurement routes, including PFI/PPP, traditional, design and build and construction management, and in the preparation of sub-contracts, appointments, warranties and associated contract documents.
- Commonwealth Games Stadium in Manchester – advising the contractor acting as Construction Manager and one of the major Trade Contractors on the terms of its two contracts
- A13 Thames Gateway DBFO Road Project – advising the consortium contractor on sub-contract documentation
- Arbitration proceedings in respect of final account and delay claims against the main contractor in connection with the construction of a major hotel, office and retail development in Singapore
- Advising a livery company on substantial delay and loss and expense claims by the design and build contractor responsible for refurbishment of a listed office block
- Acting for main contractor in negotiating design and build contracts for refurbishment of office blocks
- Advising a major financial services group on the defence of substantial delay and loss and expense claims by the design and build contractor responsible for construction of its headquarters building
- PFI contracts - advising on construction aspects as part of the Projects Group team
University of Oxford, Merton College
- England und Wales
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators