Due to market structure and regulatory changes, the traditional capital-raising path for entrepreneurial companies has evolved. For companies in certain sectors, the firm commitment IPO may no longer be the goal. Successful direct listings have led many to consider this approach as an alternative. But is it an alternative appropriate for a broad array of companies, or best-suited to tech unicorns? The panel will discuss:
- The basics of a direct listing,
- Legal requirements, timing, and costs compared to an IPO,
- The marketing process, market-making, and liquidity,
- The stock exchange rules, and
- Capital-raising in connection with a direct listing.
- Jeff Hoffmeister, Co-Head of Americas Technology Banking, Morgan Stanley
- Genevieve Kinney, Vice President, Technology Equity Capital Markets, Morgan Stanley
- Phyllis Korff, Partner, Mayer Brown
- Ashley MacNeill, Head of Technology Equity Capital Markets Americas, Morgan Stanley
- Anna Pinedo, Co-Head of Global Capital Markets, Mayer Brown
- Carolyn Saacke, Chief Operating Officer, Capital Markets, NYSE
CLE credit is pending.
Thursday, March 12, 2020
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Registration & Breakfast
8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Program
1221 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY, 10020
+1 212 506 2500
For additional information, please contact Carlos Juarez at email@example.com or +1 212 506 2770.