Member of Partnership Board, Co-leader of Projects & Infrastructure
Paul J. Astolfi
全球项目, 金融机构并购, 银行及金融
"Paul is a problem solver who works through complex issues efficiently."
Paul Astolfi is Co-leader of Mayer Brown’s Projects & Infrastructure group and has spent the better part of the last 20 years working on greenfield and brownfield power, energy and infrastructure finance and M&A transactions and reorganizations. His experience includes billions of dollars of investment in renewable energy companies and projects, gas-fired peakers in PJM, QFs in MISO, hedged merchant wind and solar facilities in ERCOT (and elsewhere), contracted solar facilities in CAISO, various energy projects in Mexico, and several project bond financings (144A and private placements). Paul has a particularly strong expertise in multi-tiered financing structures and cross-border transactions, including intercreditor arrangements and workouts. Paul speaks French competently and can read and understand Spanish. He is a member of the New York Bar, among others.
- Represented a private equity firm as purchaser in an approximately $112 million investment tax credit transfer transaction for two utility-scale solar and storage projects in Kern and Los Angeles Counties, California.
- Represented CDPQ on its USD 1.5 billion multifaceted transaction in which an investment vehicle composed of CDPQ, Invenergy, and funds managed by private equity firm Blackstone Infrastructure Partners acquired, from American Electric Power, a 1,365-megawatt renewables portfolio comprised of 14 projects representing 1,200 MW of wind and 165 MW of solar in 11 states.
- Represented CDPQ on USD 3 billion equity investment in Invenergy Renewables Holdings LLC.
- Represented CDPQ with respect to its investment in the Invenergy-sponsored New York Bight offshore wind project.
- Represented Banco Santander, S.A., Société Générale and CaixaBank in a roughly USD 355 million construction loan, bridge loan and letter of credit facility to finance the construction of Samson I, an approximately 250 MW (AC) solar generation facility in Lamar County, Texas being developed by Invenergy Renewables Global LLC.
- Represented Banco Santander, S.A., Société Générale and CaixaBank in a roughly USD 330 million construction loan, bridge loan and letter of credit facility to finance the construction of Samson III, an approximately 250 MW (AC) solar generation facility in Lamar County, Texas being developed by Invenergy Renewables Global LLC.
- The University of Michigan Law School, 法律博士（JD）
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst, 学士