Mayer Brown has been named "Hong Kong Law Firm of the Year" for the 11th year at the Asian Legal Business’ (ALB) annual Hong Kong Law Awards 2023.
The firm also won five other awards across various law firm and deal categories, including:
- Construction Law Firm of the Year
- Corporate Citizenship Law Firm of the Year
- ESG-advisory Law Firm of the Year
- Finance Deal of the Year for its advisory role in the financing of COSCO Shipping Ports Chancay Peru S.A.
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications Law Firm of the Year
"This year's awards are particularly meaningful as they coincide with Mayer Brown's 160th anniversary," said Terence Tung, Mayer Brown's senior partner for Asia.
"These awards are a fitting tribute to the longstanding commitment, dedication and exemplary spirit of the generations of people who have made Mayer Brown the exceptional firm it is today. I am truly honored that our proud heritage and standards of excellence have once again been recognized and reconfirmed," he said.
The annual ALB Hong Kong Law Awards are "ALB's largest and longest-running awards in Asia", recognizing the outstanding achievements of private practitioners and in-house counsel in Hong Kong.
The awards were selected by an independent panel of judges after reviewing information submitted by the finalists and intensive research conducted by the publication.