Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) considerations are a critical priority for global businesses, which increasingly recognize that adopting and integrating ESG policies and best practices are not only moral imperatives but also commercial necessities.
At Mayer Brown, we provide our clients with market-leading advice that enables them to navigate complex, broad-ranging and rapidly evolving ESG issues in an increasingly connected, global business environment. At the same time, we are equally committed to conducting our own business in a manner that aligns with the ESG principles described below. It is the right thing to do.
How We Do Business Responsibly
In the operation of our business, we aim to:
- Support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights;
- Adopt a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Support initiatives promoting greater environmental responsibility; and
- Work against corruption in all forms, including extortion and bribery.
We will advance an array of goals through the conduct of our business directly or by providing legal support in relation to third-party initiatives, including:
- Poverty alleviation;
- Inclusive and equitable quality education for all;
- Affordable clean energy;
- Gender equality and the reduction of inequality, more generally;
- Promoting equal access to, justice and strong institutions;
- Climate action; and
- Responsible consumption and production.