Employment law cases and legislation continue outside of the current pandemic-related emergency measures. We review the key (non-COVID-19) employment law developments from the past 12 months and look forward to what we can expect in the year ahead, enabling you to plan effectively.Topics likely to be included:
- Legislative changes including changes to s1 statements and the introduction of bereavement leave.
- Changes relating to the taxation of termination payments and the cost impact for employers.
- Where are we now with IR35 and the off-payroll rules.
- Data privacy: the latest on data breach cases and employees covertly recording HR meetings.
- Case law round-up: our usual highlights from the key unfair dismissal, TUPE and contract cases of the last 12 months and the big cases coming up in the next 12 months, including the long-running employment status case of Uber and the Asda equal pay claim.
For the latest legal analysis and insights on the global effects of the coronavirus pandemic, please visit our dedicated portal Responding to COVID-19.
COVID-19 Back to Business Broadcast Series
We will soon release the dates for our national updates in the series, which will take place throughout June and July 2020. We will send invitations for these, however please do keep an eye on our website in case there are any jurisdictions that are of particular interest:
Back to Business: Employment & Benefits Global Broadcast Series