Eugene Wong is a partner in the Real Estate practice in Mayer Brown's Hong Kong office. Eugene represents corporations, private equity and venture capital investors and investment managers in a wide range of real estate, corporate and commercial matters. His experience includes domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, strategic alliances and corporate restructurings, with particular emphasis on the real estate sector. He also advises on real estate financing transactions and sale of first-hand properties (including residential, office, commercial, industrial and other mixed-use composite developments).
Eugene is a Notary Public in Hong Kong. Eugene speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Advised ESR Group Limited, the largest real asset manager in Asia Pacific, through its wholly-owned subsidiary, on the formation of a joint venture with Chinachem Group, with a total capital commitment from shareholders of up to HK$14 billion to develop a prime cold storage and logistics facility in Kwai Chung, Hong Kong.
- Advised Kerry Holdings Limited on its HK$13.5 billion acquisition of the investment vehicles which own the whole or part(s) of 9 warehouses in Hong Kong.
- Advised a consortium led by Billion Development and Project Management Limited in its HK$10.48 billion acquisition of an investment vehicle which owns “Kowloonbay International Trade & Exhibition Centre” at 1 Trademart Drive, Kowloon, Hong Kong. This was the largest single-block office tower transaction by deal size in Hong Kong in 2021.
- Advised a consortium of investors on the HK$7.5 billion acquisition of an investment vehicle which indirectly owns OCTA Tower, 8 Lam Chak Street, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Advised the joint venture platform between Blackstone and Storefriendly on:
- its HK$850 million acquisition of an investment vehicle which owns an industrial building known as Novel Industrial Building at Nos.850-870 Lai Chi Kok Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong;
- its HK$283 million acquisition of an investment vehicle which owns an industrial building known as “Yip’s Chemical Building” at 13 Yip Cheong Street, Hong Kong; and
- its HK$486 million acquisition of an investment vehicle which indirectly owns an industrial building known as “New Media Tower” at 82 Hung To Road, Hong Kong.
- Advised a private company ultimately majority-owned by Tan Sri Dato' David Chiu on the formation of a joint venture with, amongst others, Lai Sun Development Company Limited, for the development of a 18-hole golf course in Tai Po, Hong Kong.
- Advised Weave Living on the formation of a joint venture with LaSalle Investment Management and advised the joint venture on its acquisition and management of an en bloc apartment building at Robinson Road, a highly-coveted residential area in Hong Kong.
- Advised the joint venture between Weave Living and Angelo, Gordon & Co on its HK$900 million acquisition of Grand City Hotel, No.338 Queen’s Road West, Hong Kong.
- Advised a fund on its HK$1.9 billion acquisition of an investment vehicle which indirectly owns the property located at 69 Jervois Street, Hong Kong.
- Advised Hines on its HK$925 million acquisition of the investment vehicle which owns the hotel “Butterfly on Prat” at 21/23 Prat Avenue, Kowloon, Hong Kong and the related shareholders as well as leasing arrangements.
- Advised a fund on its HK$892 million acquisition of parts of Ground, First and Second Floors of Tonnochy Towers, 250, 252, 256-270 and 274 Jaffe Road, 5 Tonnochy Road and 4 Stewart Road, Hong Kong.
- Advised Hanison Construction Holdings Limited on its HK$489 million acquisition of the property known as Hay Nien Building located at 1 Tai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon and its subsequent disposal for a consideration of approx. HK$628 million.
- Advised Hanison Construction Holdings Limited on its HK$710 million disposal of the company that owns certain pieces of land in Demarcation District 129 in Yuen Long, New Territories, Hong Kong.
- Advised China Life Frontier Private Investment Fund, L.P. in its HK$130 million acquisition of 50% interest in an investment vehicle which indirectly owns an industrial property known as “West Castle” at 22 Yip Shing Street, Hong Kong, the formation of joint venture and the related project management arrangement.
- Advised the partners of Davis Langdon & Seah, the leading cost/project management and quantity surveying consultancy in Asia, on its merger with Arcadis N.V., the international consultancy, design, engineering and management services company. Davis Langdon & Seah is the oldest and largest cost and project consultancy in Asia, with more than 2,800 employees in 37 offices across the region.
- Hong Kong
- Next Generation Partner - Real Estate, Hong Kong – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2023)
- LMG Rising Star – Expert Guides (2015-2017)
- Associate to watch - Corporate/M&A: Hong Kong-based – Chambers Asia Pacific (2013)