Banking & Finance, Global Trade Finance
Charles Thain acts for banking and finance clients and his work is particularly focused on asset based lending (ABL), receivables finance, supply chain/payables finance, and trade finance. Charles represents financial institutions, sponsors, corporates and fintechs in both domestic and cross-border transactions.
- Acted for a UK-headquartered global bank in relation to a multi-jurisdiction back-to-back receivables financing facility provided to the Bibby Group.
- Acted for a German financial institution in relation to a multi-jurisdiction off-balance sheet receivables purchase facility provided to a global consumer product company.
- Acted for a global computer hardware and software provider in relation to a European receivables borrowing base facility.
- Acted for a UK-headquartered global bank in relation to an off-balance sheet receivables purchase facility in favour of a global computer software company.
- Acted for UK-headquartered global bank in relation to a European off-balance sheet receivables purchase facility in favour of the Terex group.
- Stand-out Lawyer. Thomson Reuters.
- Listed as a key lawyer for Asset Based Lending and a Next Generation partner and key lawyer for Trade Finance. Up-and-coming partner Charles Thain handles traditional trade finance transactions, borrowing base finance, receivables finance, supply chain and payables finance and risk distribution structures. Legal 500.
- Listed as a Next Generation Lawyer for Trade Finance and a key lawyer for Asset Based Lending and Fintech. ‘Charles Thain was excellent. He seems to be driven by enjoyment of collective problem-solving rather than just making money.’ Legal 500.
- Listed as a 'Next Generation Lawyer' Charles Thain is also noted for receivables and supply chain finance transactions (Trade Finance). Also listed under 'Other key lawyers' he 'has a great ability to foresee legal issues ahead and resolve them effectively.' (Asset Based Lending). Legal 500.
- 'Rising Star' Charles Thain is listed as a 'key lawyer' for Bank Lending and Asset Based Lending. 'Charles Thain and Ravi Amin are senior associates who have great technical knowledge and the ability to run transactions on their own'. Legal 500.
- Recommended by Legal 500.
- Cardiff University, LPC
- University of Glamorgan, GDL
- University of Nottingham, Msci Chemistry
- Member of the International Trade and Forfaiting Association (ITFA).
- Member of the Bankers Association for Finance and Trade (BAFT).
- Mayer Brown is a member of Secured Finance Network (SFNet).