L. Kevin Sheridan Jr. leads Mayer Brown’s global Corporate & Securities practice, with more than 30 years of experience counseling corporations, investment funds and other financial investors on a diverse range of M&A, JV and other corporate matters, as well as on the formation and development of new investment vehicles and products.
Kevin’s M&A, joint venture and other corporate work includes deep experience on cross-border transactions, especially for clients based in Japan and Latin America. He represents companies in a wide variety of industries, including infrastructure, chemicals, agribusiness, mining, health care services and asset management, among others.
Kevin’s work with private investment fund sponsors and financial institutions supports the asset management activities of these clients, including in the areas of fund formation, investment and new product development. His projects for these clients span a range of investment strategies, including credit, real estate, infrastructure and private equity.Kevin was recognized by Global M&A Network as one of the "Top 50 Global M&A Lawyers" in 2014 at the M&A Atlas Awards and has been ranked in Chambers USA, Chambers Global and Legal 500. He has served as faculty chair and faculty member for several Practicing Law Institute seminars. He serves as a trustee of the Adaptive Sports Foundation and a member of the Board of Directors of The Legal Aid Society.
Fordham University School of Law, JD
Managing Editor, Fordham Law Review
University of Virginia, BA
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Trustee, Adaptive Sports Foundation
- Member, Board of Directors of The Legal Aid Society
- Listed, M&A Atlas Awards, Top 50 Global M&A Lawyers (2014)
- Listed, Chambers USA, National Investment Funds: Hedge Funds (2009–2011)
- Listed, Chambers Global, Investment Funds: Hedge Funds (2011–2012)
- Listed, Legal 500, Corporate (2013)
- Listed, Super Lawyers, Business/Corporate (New York) (2012, 2014)