Counsel Nanak Keswani is 'a very competent lieutenant and also a very safe pair of hands'Legal 500 2022, Next Generation Partner
Nanak Keswani is counsel in the Banking & Finance practice of the London office. He joined Mayer Brown in April 2007.
With an in-depth knowledge across a wide range of structured finance transactions, Nanak concentrates his practice in OTC derivatives, repos and structured products across all major asset classes. He has extensive experience of structured note programmes and repackagings as well as the hedging aspects of various financing transactions including securitisations and CLOs.
Nanak also has experience acting for all transaction parties on a wide spectrum of financing arrangements ranging from straightforward secured lending and capital market transactions to multi-jurisdictional structured finance transactions including receivables purchase securitisations, asset-backed commercial paper programs and asset based lending.
Whilst acting mainly for financial institutions, Nanak also represents corporates, trustees and funds advising on documentation, regulatory matters and structuring.
Nanak has also completed a secondment to JP Morgan where he advised on a broad range of derivative transactions with a particular focus on commodity derivatives.
- Advised Natixis and BNP Paribas on the refinancing of Data4.
The College of Law, London
Université Aix-Marseille III
- Listed as a key lawyer and Next Generation Partner, Counsel Nanak Keswani is 'a very competent lieutenant and also a very safe pair of hands' (Legal 500 2022: Derivatives and Structured Products).
- Listed under 'Other key lawyers'. (Legal 500 2020 Derivatives).
- Counsel Nanak Keswani is recommended for work on OTC derivatives, repos and structured products. (Legal 500 2018)
- Counsel Nanak Keswani is recommended for his in-depth knowledge of structured finance. (Legal 500 2017)
- "Cogent, focused" counsel Nanak Keswani ("a safe pair of hands in any structured finance transaction") is one to watch. (Legal 500 2016)