"very good technical skills when it comes to real estate finance"Chambers
Admitted to the Paris Bar, Hervé Kensicher is a senior counsel in the Banking & Finance practice of the Paris office.
Hervé covers a wide range of transactional banking and finance work, including: domestic and multi-jurisdictional property finance, structured finance, project finance and public utilities, performing and distressed debt portfolio disposals, and debt restructuring. He regularly assists investors, borrowers and lenders on the negotiation or renegotiation of their real estate loans and is a key counsel to providers, as well as purchasers and sellers, of real estate debt.
A member of the Strategic and Pedagogical Committees of the HEAD law school, Hervé is a lecturer in Banking Finance and Contracts.
In addition to his native French, Hervé is fluent in English and has a working knowledge of German.
- Advised BentallGreenOak in connection with the disposal of French assets out of a pan-European logistics assets portfolio.
- Advised Hines SGP on the financing of the acquisition of the CBX tower, a 32-floor and 43,000-sqm office tower located in Courbevoie, in Paris-La-Défense, Europe’s largest business district.
- Advised GreenOak on the acquisition of Corelog’s portfolio of French logistics assets.
- Advised Hines France and fund manager Universal-Investment as asset managers for BVK-Highstreet Retail Europe-Immobilienfonds on the 15-year fixed-rate financing made available by three debt funds of insurer Allianz of the acquisition by BVK of a 5,500 sq. m. prime property located at 114 Avenue des Champs-Élysées in Paris and entirely let to Apple to become the European flagship Apple Store and the company’s French headquarters.
- Advised Maurel & Prom in the context of a term loan with Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd and eight other Asian lenders for the purposes of, inter alia, the refinancing its oil and gas operations in Gabon.
- Advised Kalyan Hospitality Development Togo in connection with the negotiation of a new international management agreement with another international hotel operator and the restructuring of a loan made available by multiple African and foreign financial institutions for the “Hôtel 2 Février” in Lomé, Togo.
- Advised Natixis on the €63M mortgage refinancing (including a €11M capex line) of a portfolio of 45 Comfort Inn, Ibis Styles, Kyriad, Mister Bed and Première Classe hotels located all over France on the occasion of its acquisition by Dalmata Hospitality from Blackstone.
Université Paris XI Sud
Indiana University Bloomington
ISIT – Institut Supérieur d’Interprétariat et de Traduction
- “Hervé Kensicher of Mayer Brown LLP advises investors and lenders on real estate finance mandates, as well as debt restructuring matters.” Chambers Global (2018)
- "Hervé Kensicher regularly advises both borrowers and lenders on matters relating to real estate finance. His expertise also covers securitisation and public authority financing." Chambers Global (2017)
- "Hervé Kensicher of Orrick Rambaud Martel focuses on the financial aspects of real estate. He assists clients with real estate debt matters, as well as with distressed portfolio issues, including refinancings." Chambers Europe (2017)