Whitney Joseph is an associate in the Banking & Finance practice of the London office. Her principal areas of focus include derivatives & structured products and debt capital markets. She regularly represents some of the world's leading investment banks, as well as other financial institutions, on a broad range of capital markets transactions, with a particular focus on European high yield bond transactions. Whitney also has experience acting on a variety of structured financing transactions and experience acting for hedge counterparties on the hedging aspects of a variety of financing transactions, including securitisations.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2018, Whitney worked in the London office of another international law firm. Whitney has also previously completed client secondments in the Securities Lending and Structured Derivatives teams at multiple major international investment banks.
- Represented Sweden’s largest fuel company on its debut high yield bond offering of €340,000,000 12.000% senior notes due 2027, as part of a larger financing package involving more than $2.2 billion of credit facilities and bonds. The high yield bonds were listed on The International Stock Exchange.
- Represented a leading European manufacturer of automotive body sealing solutions on its debut high yield bond offering of €275,000,000 6.250% senior secured notes due 2026. The high yield bonds were listed on The International Stock Exchange.
- Represented a leading global medicines company on an offering of €1.85 billion of 0.000% Sustainability-Linked Notes due 2028. The notes were listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange and were the first-ever sustainability-linked bonds in the healthcare sector, the first-ever sustainability-linked bonds incorporating “social” targets, with bondholders entitled to receive a higher amount of interest if the issuer fails to meet its targets for expanding access to its innovative medicines and addressing key global health challenges, as well as only the second-ever sustainability-linked bond since the publication by the International Capital Markets Association (ICMA) of its Sustainability-Linked Bond Principles in June 2020. (IFLR Awards 2021 Europe- “Debt and Equity-Linked Deal of the Year”).
- Represented an NYSE-listed leading global medicines company on the SEC-registered offering of $5 billion of notes in four tranches.
- Represented an NYSE-listed leading global medicines company in connection with a $7 billion short-term (bridge) credit agreement to fund a portion of the purchase price for the acquisition of a NASDAQ-listed biopharmaceutical company for $9.7 billion.
- CIMC Fortune Holdings Limited and China International Marine Containers (Hong Kong) Limited's $450 million Euro-commercial Paper Programme supported by a Direct-pay Letter of Credit.
- Beazley plc's £250 million Euro Medium Term Note Programme
Kaplan Law School, LPC
University of Essex, LLB