Co-leader of Employment & Benefits
Maureen J. Gorman
ERISA Litigation, Employee Benefits, Executive Compensation
Maureen Gorman is a partner in the Palo Alto office of Mayer Brown who focuses on executive compensation and employee benefits matters. Her work includes advising on tax and benefit issues in both domestic and international contexts, counseling on ERISA fiduciary issues, controversy work involving IRS and DOL audits, and all nature of transactional work, including de-risking transactions and M&A. Her work frequently requires interdisciplinary efforts with corporate, securities and tax specialists.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 1986, Maureen worked with the Joint Committee on Taxation, in Washington, DC, and with a Washington law firm. Between 1981 and 1982, she served as Law Clerk to The Honorable Warren W. Eginton, US District Court for the District of Connecticut. In addition, she has held faculty positions as Adjunct Professor with the University of Chicago Law School (Spring 1992) and the Boston University Law School (Fall 1991). Maureen has been listed in the publication Best Lawyers in America for over a dozen years.
- Advised multinational corporation in connection with pension plan purchase of $1.4 billion “buyout” annuity.
- Advised large multinational corporation in connection with the design and implementation of a global deferred compensation plan.
- Advised large multinational financial institution on tax and securities issues associated with their global equity program and coordinated team of counsel in a dozen other countries to address tax and securities issues in those countries.
- Advised non-US client with US operations on application of Code Section 409A to all of their foreign deferred compensation plans.
- Yale Law School, 法務博士
- The College of William & Mary, BA
Phi Beta Kappa
- American Bar Association, Section on Taxation, Employee Benefits Committee
- National Association of Stock Plan Professionals