"Sheena Frazer is diligent and has a strong work ethic. She is agile and adaptable when 'last minute' surprises crop up."Legal 500
Sheena Frazer represents banks, central banks, funds, insolvency officeholders and directors on a mixture of cross border, contentious and transactional restructuring assignments. Clients in a variety of sectors, including financial services, retail and construction sectors, turn to Sheena for advice.
Sheena has served clients including the Carillion Group, the Central Bank of Cyprus, PwC and FTI Consulting.
- The agent and lender to a global automotive car part manufacturing business operating across numerous jurisdictions including UK, Germany, US, France, Brazil, China and Turkey. The German entities entered DIP proceedings, and, subsequently, the English entities entered administration. We advised in relation to DIP financing, defending clawbacks claims in the German proceedings, numerous sales of businesses and subsidiaries around the world, and finally in relation to an innovative multi-step escrow arrangement to facilitate an exit for the client via a complex multi-jurisdictional transaction.
- Funds managed by Permira credit arm on their acquisition of a large portion of the stationery retailer Paperchase, a move which rescued the business from administration.
- Cath Kidston’s parent company, Hong Kong-based Baring Private Equity Asia, which bought the online, franchise and wholesale business of the brand, after the retailer went into administration in April 2020.
- The joint administrators of Nationwide Accident Repair Services and 8 of its subsidiaries in all aspects relating to the sale of the business and certain assets to RunMyCar Limited. The business, operates a nationwide network of garages, servicing the accident repair market for a number of large UK general insurance firms.
- Multiple limited partner advisory committees (comprising several leading international development banks, a US-based investment bank and a US private investment firm) of funds held by Abraaj (the largest private equity firm in the Middle East) in relation to contentious and non-contentious contingency planning following the liquidation of the Cayman Island registered fund manager and its parent.
- UK subsidiaries of Bristow Holdings Inc. (an NYSE listed aviation company) which delivers search and rescue operations on behalf of the UK’s Maritime and Coastguard Agency in relation to its recent US Bankruptcy Code, Chapter 11 restructuring. This included engagement with various stakeholders including UK government bodies and advising one of the UK subsidiaries on the sale of its airline business.
- The liquidators of Joannou & Paraskevaides (Overseas), a construction group with operations across the Middle East, Europe and North Africa.
- 200+ boards of the Carillion Group (a UK-based multinational global facilities management and construction services group) to facilitate an orderly wind down after the LSE listed parent went into liquidation.
- A leading European development bank on a project to assist the Ministry of Justice of a European country on reforming its insolvency law regime.
- A global NYSE- listed real estate services firm on a multi-jurisdictional rationalisation following a US$2 billion merger in various EMEA jurisdictions.
- The Central Bank of Cyprus in the resolution of Tanzania’s FBME Bank (Cyprus branch) following regulatory action by the US Department of the Treasury’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) relating to money-laundering and terror-financing allegations.
- Sell-side on a €150 million portfolio of NPLs and related professional negligence claims (Project Hurst).
- An international investment bank regarding swap priority arrangements relating to an international and complex securitisation structure of companies operating nursing homes.
- An international investment bank on the enforcement of rights of a c.€900 million multi-tiered mortgage and mezzanine financing secured by a portfolio of office properties located in Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium.
- The administrators of Lexi Holdings Plc., a UK company in substantial investigations and consequent cross-border litigation arising from a fraud perpetrated against the company by its directors. This included over 15 reported judgments in the High Courts and Court of Appeal as well as local court litigation in Spain, Greece, Portugal, France and Pakistan.
College of Law, London, LPC
London School of Economics (LSE), LLM
University of Warwick, LLB
- A key lawyer for Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency, “Sheena Frazer is diligent and has a strong work ethic. She is agile and adaptable when ‘last minute’ surprises crop up.” “…a dynamic and talented lawyer with a commercial and amiable approach to projects.” – Legal 500