Clients benefit from Jorge Escalante’s relentless dedication and an unwavering commitment to excellence. He navigates complex legal challenges and delivers tailored and innovative solutions that meet the unique needs of each organization he represents. His ability to devise creative deal structures and his sharp negotiation skills have consistently resulted in favorable outcomes for his clients, solidifying their positions in the highly competitive financial landscape. Businesses seeking a legal strategist for financial growth and expansion opportunities trust Jorge’s comprehensive knowledge of securities regulations, corporate law, and cross-border transactions.
Jorge focuses on transactional capital markets and private equity matters with extensive experience in structuring complex fundraising deals in the Mexican market. He advises clients on a wide range of financial matters, spanning from initial public offerings (IPOs) and mergers & acquisitions (M&A) to private equity investments and venture capital transactions. Jorge’s experience additionally includes debt capital markets (including sustainability-linked bond offerings), private equity investments, securities legal framework and regulation, all types of private financings ), and public and private securitizations His comprehensive knowledge of securities regulations, corporate law, and cross-border transactions has positioned him as a sought-after legal strategist.
Jorge's career is marked by several high-profile transactions and landmark deals, some of which are:
- Actinver in its convertible debentures issuance as per direct investment of a major international private equity fund for an amount of MXN$2 billion.
- A major international institutional investors in its real estate portfolio roll-up into the IPO of FIBRA SOMA.
- Cox Energy in its initial public offering of shares in the Mexican securities market for an amount of MXN$393.6 million. This was the first IPO of a renewables company in Latin America and the first IPO in Mexico since 2017.
- Banco Santander in its landmark exchange tender offer of Santander Mexico’s outstanding free-float capital stock.
- Genomma Lab International in its exchange debt offer consisting of repurchase of outstanding bonds (certificados bursátiles) and issuance of MXN$2,450 million bonds.
- ZKC Administración, S.A.P.I. De C.V., in the securitization of real estate portfolio and establishment of debt shell placement program and first issuance and public offering of certificados bursátiles for and amount of MXN$2,700 billion.
- Actis Gestor de Capital Mexico on its initial international feeder fund CERPI for an amount of USD$150 million.
- Beel Infraestructure, Capital Índigo, Prudential and diverse domestic and international sponsors in the launch publicly-traded equity funds known as CKDs and CERPIs.
Universidad Panamericana, Commercial Law Specialist
Universidad Panamericana, Bachelor of Law (Licenciado en Derecho – JD Equivalent)