Annabel Ersser, senior associate, has experience acting for banks, financial institutions, investors and corporate clients in real estate finance and investment transactions. Annabel focuses on structured real estate finance advising both lenders and sponsors.
Annabel's notable transactions in 2019 include acting for Cheyne Capital in relation to the provision of a £173,000,000 development loan facility to Quintain in connection with its continued development at Wembley Park, advising LKK/Infinitus in relation to its refinancing of the iconic Walkie Talkie building and acting for a Crosstree Real Estate Partners and AEG joint venture in connection with its refinancing of ICON the designer outlet village at the O2.
She joined Mayer Brown as a trainee in 2013 and qualified in 2015.
- Advised Cheyne Capital on the provision of a £93,000,000 loan facility to FI Real Estate Management in connection with a reorganisation and refinancing of its existing property portfolio comprising both investment and development assets.
- Acted for Cheyne Capital in relation to a £173,000,000 development loan facility made available to Quintain in connection with its continued development at Wembley Park to create a mixed-use scheme providing build to rent residential apartments, parking and retail.
- Advised Wing Tai and Manhattan Garments Group in relation to the financing of their acquisition of 30 Gresham Street, London for approximately £411,000,000.
- Acted for Wing Tai and Top Paramount on the £133,200,000 financing provided by DBS for the acquisition of 8 Salisbury Square, London.
- Advised LKK/Infinitus on its refinancing of the iconic Walkie Talkie building (also known as 20 Fenchurch Street). The £600,000,000 term loan facility was made available by Bank of China and The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation.
- Listed as a Rising star and a key lawyer for Property Finance. Legal 500
- Listed as a Rising star and a key lawyer for Property Finance. "Andrew Hepner and Annabel Ersser are excellent lawyers, with strong knowledge of the industry – they are very solution driven, with excellent communication and management skills." "I work mostly with Annabel Ersser and Andrew Hepner. They’re very attentive and commercial. Annabel helps collaborate with various parties, which centralises a lot of discussions, making the process easier. Andrew has many suggestions on commercial points." "Andrew Hepner and Annabel Ersser are an established team in the real estate finance space and their extensive experience allows them to cut through the noise of the deal and focus on the true risks and commercial implications in their advice. We have worked with them for years and will continue to do so as our preferred legal advisers." Legal 500
- College of Law, Guildford, GDL
- Durham University, Theology and Philosophy