Tim is a senior associate in the Real Estate group of our London office. He focuses on complex development transactions, including forward funding, modular construction, student accommodation and rights of light, and high value investment acquisitions for Asian, US and European clients.
Tim has acted on a number of large London investment and development transactions including the UK's largest ever office transaction; the acquisition of the "Walkie Talkie" for £1.3 billion by LKK Health Products, and the development of the world’s tallest modular towers in Croydon.
Tim joined Mayer Brown in 2016.
- Advising the LKK Health Products Group, a member of the Hong Kong-based food company Lee Kum Kee Group, on its purchase of the London skyscraper known as the “Walkie Talkie” for £1.3 billion. This makes it the largest-ever office complex property transaction in the United Kingdom.
- Advising global real estate company on the sale of an international portfolio of large scale logistic warehouses for $2.8 billion.
- Advising a joint venture formed by Hong Kong-based Wing Tai Properties Limited and Manhattan Garments Group on its purchase of 30 Gresham Street, London for a price in excess of £400 million.
- Advising a developer on the acquisition, development and forward funding of the world's largest modular construction development for £180 million.
- Advising Emperor International Holdings, an investment holding company based in Hong Kong, on the purchase and financing of the Ampersand building in London for approximately £260 million.
- Advising leading UK developer on a £300m regeneration scheme in Shoreditch, London.
- Advising a developer on the acquisition, development and forward funding of a 750 room modular student development in Lewisham for over £140 million.
- Advising Sinarmas Land Limited, one of South East Asia’s largest property development companies, on the purchase and financing of 33 Horseferry Road, London for over £188 million.
- Advising a developer on the acquisition, development and forward funding of a 250 room modular student development over Holloway Road tube station, London for over £45 million.
- Advising Chinese Estates (from Hong Kong) on the acquisition of 11/12 St James’s Square, London for £175 million.
- Advising one of the world's largest banks on the £104 million financing in connection with the acquisition of the global headquarters of a magic circle law firm.
- Advising Asian Growth Properties, the Hong Kong-based property investor and developer, on the purchase of the entire issued units in the Trust that owns 20 Moorgate, London for £155 million.
- Advising major Hong Kong bank on the £50m refinancing of three properties in Oxford Street, London.
- Acting for one of the biggest state-owned commercial banks in China on the purchase of an office building close to the Bank of England for £70 million.
- Advising Chuang’s China Group, the Hong Kong-based property investor and developer, on the purchase of 10 Fenchurch Street, London for £80 million.
University of Warwick, LLB (Law)
College of Law, Guildford, LPC