Leader of London Office Corporate & Securities
Corporate & Securities
"Kate Ball-Dodd is able to approach difficult issues from a first principles perspective and come up with solutions. She is technically able, hands on and ensures that the team delivers a quality work product."
Legal 500, Hall of Fame
Kate Ball-Dodd has a wide-ranging practice that encompasses corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions (including public takeovers), equity fund raisings, joint ventures, and corporate governance. Kate receives regular recognition as a leading individual in legal directories. As a member of the Public Companies & Capital Markets team, she advises a number of quoted companies and financial intermediaries on the Listing Rules and Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules, the Prospectus Regulation Rules, the AIM Rules, the Takeover Code and general company law. Kate speaks regularly at external conferences on corporate governance and takeovers and sits on TheCityUK Capital Markets Group. She has also spent time on secondment to EMI Music.
- Advised Numis Securities as sponsor, sole bookrunner and debt adviser on the IPO and premium listing of Seraphine Group on the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
- Advised biotech Lunglife AI, a diagnostic company, on its AIM IPO.
- Advised Investec Bank plc as sponsor (and Investec and Peel Hunt as joint broker) in connection with a placing by JD Sports Fashion plc and conducted through an accelerated bookbuild process.
- Advised Investec Bank plc as sponsor under the Listing Rules in relation to JD Sports Fashion plc's class 1 acquisition of The Finish Line,
- Advised Investec Bank plc as sponsor, broker and bookrunner on the IPO of Hollywood Bowl Group on the premium segment of the Official List and the main market of the London Stock Exchange; and on subsequent capital raisings.
Consistently recommended and ranked as a leading individual by the legal directories:
- Listed in the Hall of Fame for Equity Capital Markets, "Kate Ball-Dodd is able to approach difficult issues from a first principles perspective and come up with solutions. She is technically able, hands on and ensures that the team delivers a quality work product." She is also listed as a leading individual for Corporate and Commercial: M&A. "Kate Ball-Dodd is very responsive, creative, solution focused and very commercial." Legal 500
- "The stand-out is Kate Ball-Dodd" who leads the team and focuses on corporate finance, M&A, equity fund raisings, joint ventures and corporate governance work. She is listed as a Leading individual for Equity Capital Markets and M&A. "Kate Ball-Dodd is fantastic to work with. She provides clear and practical advice and helps resolve issues in a commercial manner." "Very client and results focused. Kate Ball-Dodd and the team have a clear focus on the results you are trying to achieve and take responsibility for driving transactions forward in a pragmatic and efficient manner." "Kate Ball-Dodd is a very impressive lawyer, who really takes charge of matters. She is pragmatic and solutions-focused in her advice and manages her team effectively." Legal 500
- Nottingham Trent University, LLB (Hons)
- The College of Law, Guildford, LPC
- TheCityUK Capital Markets Group (CMG)