The US National Association of Insurance Commissioners (“NAIC”) held its National Summer Meeting from August 9 through August 13. In a series of articles, members of our Insurance Industry Group provide meeting highlights and their takeaways on what the committees, tasks forces, and working groups discussed and reported on:
- Big Data and Artificial Intelligence (H) Working Group: Collaboration Forum on Algorithmic Bias
- Climate and Resiliency (EX) Task Force: Solvency Workstream, Climate Risk Disclosure Workstream and Wildfire Mitigation.
- Financial Stability (E) Task Force and Macroprudential (E) Working Group: Private Equity Ownership of Insurance Companies.
- Innovation, Cybersecurity, and Technology (H) Committee.
- Property and Casualty Insurance (C) Committee: Pet Insurance Model Act
- Reinsurance (E) Task Force: Credit for Reinsurance Model Law and Model Regulation and “XXX and AXXX” Model Regulation.
- Restructuring Mechanisms (E) Working Group: Insurance Business Transfers and Corporate Divisions.
- Special (EX) Committee on Race and Insurance.
- Statutory Accounting Principles (E) Working Group, Valuation of Securities (E) Task Force, and Risk-Based Capital Investment Risk and Evaluation (E) Working Group: Investment-Related Initiatives
Please contact any of the authors if you would like to further discuss any of the topics covered in this series.