Insurance, Commercial Insurance Disputes
Senior associate Matt Williams joined Mayer Brown as a trainee in 2008 and, since qualifying in September 2010, he has advised on contentious and non-contentious insurance matters.
His principal focus is in assisting insurers and professionals in relation to the defence of complex, high value and high profile professional indemnity claims brought by third parties. Matt has significant experience in defending a range of professionals including solicitors, surveyors, insurance brokers, pensions professionals and trustees. He has experience of High Court, Commercial Court, Administrative Court and Court of Appeal litigation and has assisted in resolving numerous claims by way of alternative dispute resolution.
- Listed as a Rising star and key lawyer for Professional Negligence and a key lawyer for Insurance and Reinsurance Litigation "Mark Stefanini and Matthew Williams are shrewd litigators who traversed delicate issues concerning confidentiality with skill£ - Legal 500
- Listed as a Next General Lawyer and key senior associate - Legal 500
- Listed as a name to note and ranked as a Next Generation Lawyer - Legal 500
- Kaplan Law School, Legal Practice Course
- The College of Law, London, Graduate Diploma in Law
- University of York, BA (Hons) English Literature
Inscription au Barreau
- England and Wales