Pensions Litigation, Product Liability & Mass Torts, Litigation & Dispute Resolution
"On the disputes side, Mark Stefanini is superb"
"…Offers a refreshing, down-to-earth and practical approach making him exceptionally user-friendly."
Mark Stefanini acts for energy companies, financial institutions and other large corporations in a wide range of disputes frequently involving multiple jurisdictions. He has acted successfully on a number of "bet the company" commercial disputes. International clients also turn to Mark for assistance in responding to cyber incidents and coordinating related litigation across a range of jurisdictions.
- For an independent oil & gas company in a dispute with the regulator concerning the acquisition of a substantial portfolio of UKCS energy assets. Obtained appropriate interim injunctive relief to safeguard the client's position and successfully negotiated a positive outcome for the client in the longer term.
- As lead counsel for a multinational company in an LCIA arbitration relating to the purchase of a substantial industrial facility together with related hydropower and port facilities. The dispute concerned liability for post completion payments and maintenance of the hydropower facilities.
- For an oil & gas company on indemnity claims arising out of the sale of UKCS assets to an international investor.
- For a listed oil & gas company in relation to disputes with its local JV partner arising out of operations in Nigeria.
- For an independent oil & gas company in a dispute regarding the development, licensing and unitization of UKCS assets.
- A key lawyer for Banking Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Fraud, International Arbitration and Insurance: Product Liability – Legal 500
- "Offers a refreshing, down-to-earth and practical approach making him exceptionally user-friendly." – Legal 500
- "A down to earth but fierce litigator." –Legal 500
- Listed under "Other key lawyers" for Banking Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Product Liability and International Arbitration. "Mark Stefanini and Matthew Williams are shrewd litigators who traversed delicate issues concerning confidentiality with skill." – Legal 500
- "Highly regarded" –Legal 500
- Highly rated for commercial litigation and key adviser for international arbitration – Legal 500
- The London School of Economics and Political Science
Inscription au Barreau
- England and Wales
- Solicitor Advocate with Higher Rights of Audience (Civil)