Jordan D. Sagalowsky
Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Environmental, Banking & Finance Litigation
Jordan Sagalowsky is a partner in the New York office of Mayer Brown's Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice. He represents clients in all phases of litigation from initial pleadings through discovery, trial, and appeal. Jordan's practice focuses on banking and financial services disputes, environmental mass torts, and products liability claims. Jordan also serves as a trusted advisor to clients on risk mitigation issues—regularly advising clients' in-house legal, government affairs, and external communications teams on matters impacting the defense of litigation.
Jordan's trial litigation experience includes sitting second-chair on behalf of a major global bank in a six-week, $65 million federal court trial. After concluding the trial, Jordan was instrumental in the negotiation of a favorable settlement of all claims. Jordan has also won the dismissal of claims worth as much as $1 billion filed against clients serving as institutional lenders and RMBS trustees.
- Negotiated favorable settlement of $65 million claims for major global bank after sitting second-chair throughout six-week federal court trial of various non-payment, foreclosure, and lender liability claims brought by and against client.
- Won summary judgment on behalf of major global bank, dismissing $1 billion claims alleging breach of contract, breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing, and tortious interference with contract in connection with client's divestiture of capital markets and other banking businesses.
- Won complete dismissal of $33 million claims by hedge fund against RMBS trustee client, and successfully defended all aspects of judgment on appeal.
- Georgetown University Law Center, JD
- Harvard University, AB, cum laude
Inscription au Barreau
- New York
- US District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- US District Court for the Northern District of New York
- US District Court for the Southern District of New York