Carlos Robles y Zepf is a partner in the Frankfurt office of Mayer Brown's Corporate practice. He has extensive experience in the fields of domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, joint ventures and corporate restructurings and advises multinational corporations, SMEs and family-owned enterprises in this area. In addition, Carlos advises management boards, supervisory boards and managing directors on corporate governance, corporate compliance as well as on shareholders' meetings.
Carlos has extensive industry knowledge, in particular in the chemical and energy sector.
Before joining Mayer Brown in 2021, he was Global Co-Chair of the Chemicals Sector of another international law firm and Senior M&A Counsel in the legal department of the BASF group.
- Advising Borromin on the acquisition of EBERLE Controls GmbH.
- Advising The Jordan Company on the acquisition of four Trimble businesses.
- Advising DBAG on its acquisition of akquinet and two data processing centers.
- Advising BASF on multiple joint ventures, including its strategic cooperation with Norilsk Nickel for battery materials production in Finland and with Eramet regarding a nickel-cobalt refining complex in Indonesia*
- Advising BASF on the acquisition of 49,5% stake in offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid from Vattenfall*
- Advising Tirona on the acquisition of a stake in CashCape*
- Advising James Hardie in US$549 acquisition of Fermacell*
- Advising international chemical company on corporate reorganization*
- Advising BASF on the planned acquisition of the global Polyamides business of Solvay*
- Advising Alfanar-Group in the acquisition of international company Heinrich Kopp, a manufacturer of electrical installations*
(* At previous law firm.)
Second State Law Examination (bar exam), Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf
LLM, University of Exeter
First State Law Examination, University of Münster
- Frankfurt Bar Association
- German-American Lawyers Association (DAJV)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- German Corporate Law Association (VGR)
- "Recommended lawyer" in the area of Private Equity - Legal 500 Germany 2023
- Recognized by The Best LawyersTM in Germany 2022 for M&A
- "Recommended lawyer" in the areas of M&A: mid-sized deals (EUR 500 million) and Corporate Law – Legal 500 Germany 2020
- "Recommended lawyer" for industry focus: energy – Legal 500 Germany 2020
- "Recommended lawyer" in the areas of M&A: mid-sized deals (EUR 500 million) and Corporate Law – Legal 500 Germany 2019