Dr. Andrea Pomana
Antitrust & Competition
Clients turn to Dr. Andrea Pomana for advice on matters related to European and German antitrust law, foreign direct investment and foreign subsidies regulation. She has extensive experience in complex, cross-border transactions and merger control proceedings and advises on aspects related to the abuse of a dominant market position. She also assists clients in connection with antitrust investigations, compliance management systems and compliance trainings. Andrea has deep experience in energy-related matters, covering renewables as well as the oil & gas sector, and she leads the energy practice group of Mayer Brown in Germany. Andrea also advises corporate clients in the chemicals, aviation, automotive, technology, and defense industries as well as private equity clients.
Andrea is a Non-Governmental Advisor of the European Commission to the International Competition Network (ICN) and frequently speaks at ICN conferences and workshops on digital mergers and remedies. She was appointed Vice-Chair of the International Committee by the American Bar Association’s Antitrust Section. She is a regular speaker at conferences and author in various European and international publications, magazines and legal updates.
- R&Q Insurance Holdings Ltd. (R&Q) on the sale of R&Q’s Program Management Business, Accredited, to Onex for $465 million.
- Hasbro, Inc., the leading toy and game company, on the European aspects of the sale of its eOne film and TV division to Lionsgate for approximately US$500 million.
- Vitruvian Partners on its portfolio company OAG’s acquisition of Infare, the Danish based provider of data to the airline industry.
- Clients on high-profile EU, German and multijurisdictional merger control and FDI proceedings.
- Listed in Who’s Who Legal consistently since 2019, being described as the “most highly regarded” competition lawyer in Europe (“a superb lawyer, who is smart, sharp and always to the point”, “a really trusted source of advice”).
- “Future Leader Competition” and “highly recommended” – “she has an excellent grasp of the issues and gets to the heart of the legal problems” – Who's Who Legal Competition Future Leaders - Partners chapter
- Listed amongst the most renowned antitrust lawyers in Germany – WirtschaftsWoche
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in Germany 2022 for Mergers & Acquisitions
- University of Bonn
- University of Geneva
Inscription au Barreau
- Brussels, Belgium
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Engagement professionnel et communautaire
- Antitrust association of German-speaking attorneys
- Antitrust Lawyers Association Frankfurt
- American Bar Association
- International Bar Association