A "very good lawyer - he's an excellent communicator, on top of all the detail and highly dependable."Chambers UK 2015
Tim Nosworthy is a partner in Mayer Brown’s Fund Formation & Investment Management group in London.
He advises managers, investors and other industry participants on a wide range of funds-related matters, including fund formations; joint ventures; co-investments; fund investments; secondary transactions; and acquisitions of fund management businesses. He has considerable experience across a number of asset classes, including real estate, private equity and infrastructure.
Consistently ranked as a key individual by the legal directories, Tim is identified as "thoughtful and experienced" with a "pulse on investor sentiment globally" (Chambers UK 2014). A "good organiser, calm and confident" (Legal 500 2014), clients appreciate his willingness to explore all the options available (Chambers UK 2013).
The College of Law, Chester
University of Oxford
Inscriptions au Barreau
- England and Wales
Consistently ranked as a key individual by the legal directories
- Key contact (Private Funds) Tim Nosworthy is noteworthy and listed under 'Other key lawyers' (Legal 500 2020 Private Equity);
- Highly regarded (IFLR 1000 2019 – Private Equity Funds and Real Estate Funds);
- The incredibly engaged and proactive [private equity] team also includes Tim Nosworthy (Legal 500 2018);
- Tim Nosworthy handles fund formation work, including matters with significant mainland European elements and debt funds. He also advises British pension investors. (Legal 500 2018 Private Funds);
- He is identified as a "very good lawyer - he's an excellent communicator, on top of all the detail and highly dependable." (Chambers UK 2015);
- "a good organiser, calm and confident" (Legal 500 2014);
- is identified by sources as "thoughtful and experienced." His international capability is also a key draw, with one interviewee noting: "He understands not only UK issues but cross-border issues. He has a pulse on investor sentiment globally and is good at hooking us up with other offices." (Chambers UK 2014);
- he possesses a "calm and efficient" style and clients appreciate his willingness to explore all the options available (Chambers UK 2013);
- is "attentive, responsive and commercial" (Chambers UK 2012);
- he has a fantastic grasp of a client's needs: "He understands that not every product needs to come off the shelf and not every product needs to be bespoke; he gets that balance between standard practice and customisation." (Chambers UK 2011).