Elspeth V. Hansen
Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Antitrust & Competition, Healthcare
Companies turn to Elspeth Hansen for counsel in all stages of litigation in federal and state courts, as well as arbitration proceedings, including dispositive motion practice, written and oral discovery, expert reports, and final hearings. National and multinational clients rely on Elspeth for representation in complex commercial and class action litigation, including antitrust litigation, healthcare disputes, privacy and consumer actions, and mass tort and product liability actions. Corporate clients benefit from her knowledge of the tech, semiconductor, healthcare, chemical, telecommunications, medical device and banking industries.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Elspeth served as a law clerk to the Honorable Roger T. Benitez of the United States District Court, Southern District of California.
- Major multinational technology company in class action litigations related to data privacy and internet advertising.
- Major chemical company in high-stakes mass tort and product liability actions in state and federal courts nationwide, including class actions and multidistrict litigation.
- Semiconductor company in high-stakes contract and tort claims dispute.
- Health insurer in monopolization case against dominant healthcare provider.
- Health insurer as third party in state and federal antitrust litigation involving dominant healthcare provider.
- Health insurer in provider-related commercial disputes.
- Major technology companies in high-stakes intellectual property disputes in litigation and arbitration involving semiconductors.
- Amherst College, BA, magna cum laude
Phi Beta Kappa
- Harvard Law School, JD
cum laude, Executive Editor for the online portion of Harvard Law School's National Security Journal
Inscription au Barreau
- US District Court for the Central District of California
- US District Court for the Eastern District of California
- US District Court for the Northern District of California
- US District Court for the Southern District of California
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit