Elspeth Hansen is a partner in Mayer Brown's Palo Alto office and a member of the Litigation & Dispute Resolution and Antitrust & Competition practices. Elspeth’s practice has encompassed all stages of litigation in federal and state courts as well as arbitration proceedings, including dispositive motion practice, written and oral discovery, expert reports, and final hearings. Her practice primarily focuses on representing national and multinational clients in complex commercial and class action litigation, including antitrust litigation, healthcare disputes, privacy and consumer actions, and mass tort and product liability actions. She has experience in the tech, semiconductor, healthcare, chemical, telecommunications, medical device, and banking industries.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2014, Elspeth served as a law clerk to the Honorable Roger T. Benitez of the United States District Court, Southern District of California. During law school, she served as Executive Editor for the online portion of Harvard Law School's National Security Journal.
- Represented major multinational technology company in class action litigations related to data privacy and internet advertising.
- Represented health insurer in monopolization case against dominant healthcare provider.
- Represented health insurer as third party in state and federal antitrust litigation involving dominant healthcare provider.
- Represented major chemical company in high-stakes mass tort and product liability actions in state and federal courts nationwide, including class actions and multi-district litigation.
- Represented health insurer in provider-related commercial disputes.
- Represented major technology companies in high-stakes intellectual property disputes in litigation and arbitration involving semiconductors.
Amherst College, BA, magna cum laude
Phi Beta Kappa
Harvard Law School, JD
Inscription au Barreau
- US District Court for the Central District of California
- US District Court for the Eastern District of California
- US District Court for the Northern District of California
- US District Court for the Southern District of California
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Member, Young Lawyer Advisory Panel, ABA Antitrust Section Civil Practice and Procedure Committee
- Vice President, Mentoring for Bay Area Chapter for Harvard Alumni