Luciano Campos is an associate of the Corporate and M&A practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in the São Paulo office. He has experience in complex M&A deals, formation of joint ventures, preparation of a wide range commercial contracts and legal advice on corporate matters.
His M&A work includes, among other activities, conducting due diligence, preparing and negotiating acquisition documents and monitoring post-closing obligations.
Luciano focuses his practice on companies and corporations that develop activities in the chemical, agricultural, energy and infrastructure industries.
- Advised one of the Brazil’s largest footwear companies in forming a joint venture with an Indian partner in order to start operations and sell products in India.
- Advised Dow in a broad restructuring of the group, including several mergers and transfer of assets among the group’s companies.
- Represented DaVita—a Fortune 500 company—,through its Brazilian subsidiary, in the acquisition of the dialysis clinic Clínica Integrada Nefrológica de Santos Ltda. (CLINES)—located in the city of Santos—and of the surgery center Renalcare Clínica Médica Ltda.—located in the city of São Paulo.
- Advised Igenomix Brasil—one of the global leaders in the reproductive genetics industry—in the full acquisition of a Brazilian company that also operates in such industry.
- Represented Bozano Private Equity Gestão Ltda.—the Bozano Group’s private equity manager—in forming a joint venture with an investment vehicle of Mr. Elie Horn (Abaporu Fund) and Bozano Group’s investment vehicles, which will invest in the Brazilian healthcare sector, directly or through its subsidiaries, resulting in an initial investment of R$218 million.
- Represented Espaço Laser—a leader in the Brazilian laser hair removal market—and its controlling shareholders in an operation that comprised an investment of the international investment fund Catterton Latin America Management Co., L.L.C.
- Represented TIAA in the R$1.1 billion acquisition of the majority of the equity stake of Radar Propriedades Agrícolas S.A. and Radar II Propriedades Agrícolas S.A., which are held by Cosan and have a R$2 billion portfolio in rural land. The operation also involved the internal corporate restructuring of the group’s companies.
- Represented Cubico Sustainable Investments—one of the Brazil’s largest wind energy companies—in the acquisition from Casa dos Ventos of two wind energy holding companies, with capacity of 410MW, in the amount of R$2 billion.
- Represented Investor Limited Partners Barzel Properties Gestora de Recursos Ltda. in the establishment of a joint venture with GIC in order to invest in the Brazilian real estate market, also advising in other related contracts.
- Represented Wine.com in a M&A that resulted in an investment of R$100 million by the Peninsula, an investment fund controlled by Mr. Abílio Diniz, through a private equity transaction that involved the issuance of new shares, the trade of existing shares, and the issuance of convertible debentures.
- Represented Primav and its controller—Grupo CR Almeida—in the negotiation and execution of an investment agreement with Gruppo Gavio, which resulted in a R$2.2 billion investment in a new company under common control with Primav and Gruppo Gavio, which will control Ecorodovias Infraestrutura e Logística S.A.—one of the Brazil’s largest intermodal logistics and infrastructure companies— and Vem ABC, totaling a R$4.3 billion capital and asset injection.
- Represented Banco Santander in the acquisition of SPEs, in partnership with the Spanish group Gestamp, for the development, construction, management and maintenance of five wind farms, in the amount of R$500 million. Also, represented in the acquisition of a renewable energy asset portfolio by Canadian pension funds in the amount of US$2 billion, resulting in the establishment of Cubico Brasil.
- Represented Webmotors.com—a subsidiary of Banco Santander (Brasil) S.A.— in the acquisition of V Motors.
Insper - Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa, LLM, Corporate Law expected December 2019
Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo (PUC-SP), Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
University of Coimbra, One Academic Semester of Undergraduate Law Degree
Inscription au Barreau