Banking & Finance, Lending, Leveraged & Acquisition Finance
"Stuart is a great lead lawyer with a wealth of experience in advising both borrowers and lenders."
"Stuart is a partner who is fully involved and aware of all the key issues."
High-profile private equity and credit fund businesses and individuals value Stuart Brinkworth's significant experience that spans over 200 deals in the mid-market to help them derive the greatest value from their financing transactions. He acts for UK and international sponsors and their portfolio companies as well as private credit funds on a variety of UK, European, and cross-border-leveraged finance transactions, including private equity-backed leveraged buy-outs, public bids, recapitalisations, rescue-style financings, and restructurings. Stuart is experienced across all elements of the debt capital structure.
- Sullivan Street in relation to the financing of its acquisition of Tracerco, a leading industrial technology firm providing detection, diagnostic and measurement solutions, from Johnson Matthey.
- A unitranche lender in taking ownership of a borrower group, including a restructure of the senior debt and debt for equity swap.
- Permira Credit in relation to the refinancing of Netherlands-based medical device supplier Duomed, which included funding for its acquisition of the distribution activities of TSC Group in France and the Benelux.
- EMK Capital and its Israeli-based portfolio company, Bright Data, on the refinancing of its existing debt facilities and a dividend recapitalisation with a secured term facility provided by Silicon Valley Bank and Investec Bank.
- Francisco Partners in relation to the financing of its acquisition of Israeli-based MyHeritage, the leading global discovery platform for exploring family history.
- Band 2 Banking & Finance, "Stuart is a great lead lawyer with a wealth of experience in advising both borrowers and lenders." "Stuart is a partner who is fully involved and aware of all the key issues." – Chambers UK
- Listed as a key lawyer for Bank Lending – Legal 500
- "Stuart is an exemplary team player with huge amounts of knowledge. He gives very commercial advice, excellent client service and can close transactions in a very timely manner. His execution skills are second to none and he is very generous with his time." "He is very pragmatic and commercial in his approach." – Chambers UK
- 'Stuart Brinkworth and Danister de Silva have a great sense of humour and work ethic as well as working extremely collaboratively.' – Legal 500 (Acquisition Finance)
- Winner - Acquisition Finance Expert of the Year in the United Kingdom – Global Law Experts
- Listed as a key lawyer for Private Equity – Legal 500
- "He is very good, very thorough and very experienced." – Chambers UK (Banking Lending)
- Listed as a 'Leading Individual,' he is "very experienced, knows his stuff, is very authoritative and proactively seeks solutions to problems," according to clients. – Chambers UK
Inscription au Barreau
- England and Wales
- New York