"very experienced, knows his stuff, is very authoritative and proactively seeks solutions to problems"Chambers UK 2020
Stuart Brinkworth is the head of Leveraged Finance in Europe and a partner in the Banking & Finance practice of the London office. He has a wealth of experience spanning over 150 deals in the mid market having been a partner in the City for over ten years. He focuses on acting for UK and international lenders (including credit and debt funds), sponsors and bidding consortia on a variety of UK domestic and cross-border leveraged finance transactions, including private equity-backed leveraged buy-outs, management buy-outs/buy-ins, public bids, corporate M&A and recapitalisations and has experience across all elements of the debt capital structure.
Stuart is highly-rated in the leveraged finance market and was at the forefront of the development of unitranche as a funding source in the European leveraged finance market including first out/second out structures. Stuart's experience spans a number of sectors, including healthcare, media, technology, sport, real estate, financial services, business services, retail and leisure.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2018, he led the London finance practice of another large international firm.
- Represented Francisco Partners on the financing of its acquisition of LiveU Ltd, an Israel based manufacturer and provider of cutting-edge live broadcasting equipment and portable video-over-cellular solutions.
- Represented Francisco Partners on the financing of their DKK 3.7 billion (£435 million) acquisition of EG Group, one of the leading Scandinavian software providers.
- Represented a Apollo Midcap Financial in relation to the €50 million acquisition financing for Castik Capitals’ acquisition of dental group AllDent in Germany
- Represented Permira Debt Managers in relation to a £42 million Facility made available to the Davies Group, owned by HGGC.
- Represented Francisco Partners in relation to its $50 million investment in French software business Talentsoft.
- Represented Five Arrows Principal Investments in relation to the refinancing of the acquisition of Centric Health Holdings Limited, a leading provider of primary care in Ireland.
- Represented Permira Debt Managers and Lloyds Bank plc on their financing of Trilantic Europe's acquisition of YM&U, formerly James Grant Group, the leading integrated management company for clients in sports, music and entertainment with operations in both the UK and US.
- Represented Francisco Partners on the £115 million financing of its acquisition of ByBox a provider of technology-led logistics and locker technology for global businesses for £221 million.
Inscriptions au Barreau
- England and Wales
- New York
- Listed as a 'Leading Individual', head of the leveraged finance team in Europe, Stuart Brinkworth advises lenders and sponsors on domestic and cross-border leveraged finance matters. He is "very experienced, knows his stuff, is very authoritative and proactively seeks solutions to problems," according to clients. Chambers UK (2020).
- Listed under 'Other key lawyers' Stuart Brinkworth has bolstered the team's prowess on the direct lending front following his arrival in 2018 from Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP. Legal 500 (2020) (Bank Lending).
- Stuart Brinkworth is praised by clients as "a superb marketer with deep technical expertise." He has experience advising lenders and sponsors on domestic and cross-border leveraged finance matters. Chambers UK (2019)
- "The recruitment in June 2018 of the "excellent" Stuart Brinkworth from Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson (London) LLP is a major statement of intent for the firm, particularly in relation to the direct lending space." Legal 500 (2018)
- Described as "extremely well networked and experienced." Chambers UK (2015)
- Stuart earns strong praise for his leveraged finance practice with sources commending him for being "highly commercial" and someone who is "really good at focusing on the key points" while he has "built a wide network and is very knowledgeable in the market in general." Chambers UK (2014)
- Recommended for acquisition & leveraged finance. Legal 500 (2014)
- Recommended and commended for being "very well connected to the Private Equity mid-market." Legal 500 (2013)