"Stuart is an exemplary team player with huge amounts of knowledge. He gives very commercial advice, excellent client service and can close transactions in a very timely manner. His execution skills are second to none and he is very generous with his time." "He is very pragmatic and commercial in his approach."Chambers UK
High-profile private equity and credit fund businesses and individuals value Stuart Brinkworth's significant experience that spans over 200 deals in the mid-market to help them derive the greatest value from their financing transactions. He acts for UK and international sponsors and their portfolio companies as well as private credit funds on a variety of UK, European, and cross-border-leveraged finance transactions, including private equity-backed leveraged buy-outs, public bids, recapitalisations, rescue-style financings, and restructurings. Stuart is experienced across all elements of the debt capital structure.
- Permira Credit in relation to the refinancing of Netherlands-based medical device supplier Duomed, which included funding for its acquisition of the distribution activities of TSC Group in France and the Benelux.
- EMK Capital and its Israeli-based portfolio company, Bright Data, on the refinancing of its existing debt facilities and a dividend recapitalisation with a secured term facility provided by Silicon Valley Bank and Investec Bank.
- Francisco Partners in relation to the financing of its acquisition of Israeli-based MyHeritage, the leading global discovery platform for exploring family history.
- Francisco Partners in relation to the financing of its acquisition of German-based Native Instruments, a leading manufacturer of software and hardware for computer-based audio production, and US-based iZotope, a leading designer of software, hardware plug-ins, and mobile apps for the music industry.
- Permira on the rescue of stationary retailer Paperchase from administration.
- Star Capital on the financing of its acquisition of administration services provider Hawksford.
- The unitranche lenders on a debt-for-equity swap and new funding commitments for a travel company.
- Various unitranche lenders on covenant amendments and new money commitments in respect of various businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Sixth Street Specialty Lending's European business on the financing of the public to private takeover offer and settlement of shares in Easy Software AG by Battery Ventures. Easy Software is a German developer of software solutions for electronic archiving and document management systems.
- TA Associates on the financing of its acquisition and investment in Priority Software in Israel with an ILS 535 million (£120m) term and revolving credit facilities agreement provided by Goldman Sachs and its affiliate lending partners in Israel. Priority Software offers enterprise resource planning (ERP) software and business management solutions.
- Francisco Partners on the financing of its acquisition of the Consignor Group. Founded in Oslo in 1997, Consignor has grown to be one of the leading providers of delivery management software by making it simpler, quicker, and cost-effective to ship orders to customers and by making delivery a competitive advantage.
- Five Arrows Principal Investments on the financing of its acquisition of Radiologie in Germany.
- Magnetar Financial (UK) LLP in relation to a senior term and accordion facility made available to Aero Services Global Group Limited, a leading global supplier of aerospace components and tooling solutions, to refinance existing debt facilities and to finance the acquisition of AMF Precision Engineering Limited.
- Francisco Partners on the acquisition of LiveU Ltd, an Israel-based manufacturer and provider of cutting-edge live broadcasting equipment and portable video-over-cellular solutions.
- Francisco Partners on the financing of their DKK3.7billion acquisition of EG Group, one of the leading Scandinavian software providers.
- England and Wales
- New York
- Band 3 Banking & Finance . "He always delivers high-quality work." – Chambers UK
- Listed as a key lawyer for Bank Lending – Legal 500
- "Stuart is an exemplary team player with huge amounts of knowledge. He gives very commercial advice, excellent client service and can close transactions in a very timely manner. His execution skills are second to none and he is very generous with his time." "He is very pragmatic and commercial in his approach." – Chambers UK
- 'Stuart Brinkworth and Danister de Silva have a great sense of humour and work ethic as well as working extremely collaboratively.' – Legal 500 (Acquisition Finance)
- Winner - Acquisition Finance Expert of the Year in the United Kingdom – Global Law Experts
- Listed as a key lawyer for Private Equity – Legal 500
- "He is very good, very thorough and very experienced." – Chambers UK (Banking Lending)
- Listed as a 'Leading Individual,' he is "very experienced, knows his stuff, is very authoritative and proactively seeks solutions to problems," according to clients. – Chambers UK
- Stuart Brinkworth is praised by clients as "a superb marketer with deep technical expertise." He has experience advising lenders and sponsors on domestic and cross-border leveraged finance matters. – Chambers UK
- "The recruitment in June 2018 of the "excellent" Stuart Brinkworth from Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson (London) LLP is a major statement of intent for the firm, particularly in relation to the direct lending space." – Legal 500
- Described as "extremely well networked and experienced." – Chambers UK
- Stuart earns strong praise for his leveraged finance practice with sources commending him for being "highly commercial" and someone who is "really good at focusing on the key points" while he has "built a wide network and is very knowledgeable in the market in general." – Chambers UK
- Recommended for acquisition & leveraged finance. – Legal 500
- Recommended and commended for being "very well connected to the Private Equity mid-market." – Legal 500