Avocat au Barreau de Paris, Jean-Maxime Blutel est Counsel dans le département Antitrust & Competition à Mayer Brown Paris.
Jean-Maxime intervient dans les différentes procédures d’application des règles de concurrence par les autorités de concurrence au niveau européen et français.
Il parle le français et l’anglais.
Jean-Maxime advises companies in broad cartel investigations, resale price maintenance cases and dominance investigations and represents clients in damage claims related to antitrust and cartel investigations.
Recent and ongoing antitrust & cartel cases include:
- EU investigation into the grocery retail sector in France
- EU retail food packaging cartel investigation
- French dominance investigation in the online advertising sector
- French resale price maintenance eyewear case
- French bid-rigging investigations in the construction sector
- French cartel investigation in the veterinary products sector
- French dominance investigation in the photovoltaic sector
- French resale price maintenance heating case
- French cartel investigation in the dairy products sector
- French dominance investigation in the allocation of broadcasting rights
- French resale price maintenance perfumes case
Recent damage cases in particular involved claims in relation to dominance in the waste management, agriculture, energy or navigation software sectors.
Jean-Maxime has also been conducting risk assessments and audits concerning compliance to competition law and providing related advice and trainings for leading groups in a number of industries (road construction, building materials, glass packaging, energy, publishing, retail distribution, alcoholic beverages, etc.)
Jean-Maxime assists clients from various sectors in a number of technically challenging merger cases before the European and the French Competition Authority, in particular concerning the structuring and notification of complex joint ventures and transactions involving very local markets (perfumes & cosmetics, furniture, DIY, airlines, airport services, construction, hotels, clinics, etc.).
Recent noticeable cases include:
- Dr. Oetker/Alsa France (Unilever)
- Webhelp (KKR)/The Sellbytel Group (Omnicom)
- Ciffréo Bona/Balitrand
- Eurazeo/Hôtels Accor
- Conforama/Fly Atlas
- Worldwide Flight Services/Aviapartner
- Eurovia (Vinci)/Tarmac
Jean-Maxime has developed extensive experience in several regulated sectors, advising clients on the application antitrust and sector-specific rules at the European and French levels (media, telecommunications, financial services, transportation, energy, etc.).
He has also been in charge of supervising competition law procedures (in particular merger filings) at the global level at Société Générale for several months in 2018.
Other relevant post-graduate experiences include 6 months in the antitrust and competition law team of the French largest energy producer (EDF).
Université Paris V René Descartes
Inscriptions au Barreau