We are especially strong in certain industries. We believe that our distinctive strengths in technology including, in particular, fintech and insurtech, consumer financial services, cybersecurity & data protection, connected, autonomous and electric vehicles, life sciences and healthcare, and certain other tech-enabled industries, differentiate us from our competitors. Our advice reflects a broader view of the business environment in which our growth company clients operate. Given the rapidly changing regulatory environment and the ever-increasing pace of technological change, it is more important than ever that legal advisers have regulatory capabilities across industries as well as an in-depth understanding of the markets in which their clients operate. Our industry knowledge is broadly disseminated across key practices.
Growth companies will not outgrow Mayer Brown. We are one of the leading capital markets, finance and M&A firms in the world, with lawyers in offices worldwide, including more than 200 in each of the leading financial centers—New York, London and Hong Kong. Our clients are just as global, based in the leading start-up and technology hubs from New York City to Silicon Valley, from London to Tel Aviv, and beyond. We bring our wealth of structuring, tax and financing experience and knowledge to every deal.
We offer entrepreneurs, emerging companies and their investors:
- Years of experience advising on a range of private investments, including early-stage investments, venture and growth capital, corporate venture investments, private equity investments, venture debt, as well as mezzanine and late-stage investments and transactions;
- A market-leading Technology & IP Transactions group ranked by Chambers & Partners, The Legal 500 US, Law360, and U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers’ Best Law Firms;
- Over 100 lawyers focused on employee benefits and executive compensation issues around the globe;
- Securities lawyers with decades of experience working on a broad range of capital-raising transactions, including IPOs and follow-on financings;
- A Public Companies & Corporate Governance practice that counsels companies on corporate governance best practices and SEC reporting as they take the next step in their journey;
- A team of more than 300 M&A lawyers advising on a variety of complex, cross-border and high-profile, strategic transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, joint-ventures and strategic alliances; and
- Well-informed, practical regulatory counsel that complements our transactional and litigation advice.
Mayer Brown is also a first call for investors around the globe who finance promising start-ups and emerging companies. Our lawyers’ broad market experience enables fund sponsor, adviser and investor clients to structure funds and investments creatively and efficiently to maximize fund-raising flexibility and opportunities. Across our global platform, we work with venture capital funds, private equity funds, corporate venture funds, and various other special purpose investment funds.