Peter Ho is a partner of Mayer Brown's Real Estate Group – Finance and Investment Team. He has extensive experience acting in all stages of the real estate investment cycle including acquisition, financing, construction, pre-sale and leasing. His clients include institutional investors, private equity funds, commercial banks, statutory bodies, real estate investment companies (listed or non-listed), developers and individual investors. Peter was nominated as one of Asia's leading lawyers in the real estate sector by Asialaw Leading Lawyers 2011.
Peter is a transaction lawyer and regularly advises on major block acquisition for investment or redevelopment, property joint ventures, real estate financing transactions, compulsory sale under the Land (Compulsory Sale for Redevelopment) Ordinance Cap 545, land grant restrictions/conditions and modifications, pre-sale of uncompleted development (commercial and residential).
Peter is a Notary Public in Hong Kong. He speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Áreas de Enfoque
- Real Estate Finance
- Financial Institutions M&A
- Banking & Finance
- Corporate & Securities
- Real Estate Markets
- Real Estate Litigation
- Private Clients, Trusts & Estates
- Corporate Real Estate Services
- Real Estate Development & Construction
- Real Estate Funds
- Private Credit
- Special Situations
- Acted for a real estate investment fund in the acquisition of all the units in Central Mansion, 527-539 Jaffe Road and 8-14 Cannon Street, Causeway Bay for redevelopment into a composite office/commercial building.
- Acted for a financial institution in financing the acquisition of a commercial building at 88 Gloucester Road, Hong Kong and the local listed corporate owner in the subsequent sale of the building by way of disposal of the entire issued share capital of the offshore property-holding company.
- Acted for a local developer in the pre-sale of a number of office/commercial buildings at 133 Hoi Bun Road, 55 King Yip Street, 403-413 Castle Peak Road, 10 Cheung Yue Street, 52, 54 and 56 Tsun Yip Street and 10 Shing Yip Street.
- Acted for a listed corporate investor in the acquisition of 3 and 4 Glenealy, Hong Kong and the subsequent unification of title under the Land (Compulsory Sale for Redevelopment) Ordinance Cap 545.
- Acted for a real estate investment fund in the acquisition of all strata title units of Arts Mansion, 31 Conduit Road for redevelopment into a residential development.
- Acted for a listed corporate investor in the disposal of strata title commercial units at 703-705 Nathan Road, Kowloon.
- Acted as trustee appointed by the Lands Tribunal in the compulsory sale of Kam Kwok Building/National Building, Gloucester Road, Wanchai under the Land (Compulsory Sale for Redevelopment) Ordinance Cap 545. The property has been redeveloped into a hotel.
- Acted for a local listed company on the acquisition of a majority interest in AXA Centre, 151 Gloucester Road, Hong Kong together with subsequent intra-group transfer. Also acted for a major international bank in financing the acquisition and for the company in the subsequent sale of strata title units.
- Acted for a real estate investment fund on the acquisition of a number of residential/commercial buildings in Caine Road, Hong Kong, for redevelopment including the related acquisition and construction financing and subsequent pre-sale of the redeveloped building.
- Acted for a local listed company in the acquisition of 8-22 Tang Lung Street, Causeway Bay by acquiring a chain of property holding companies for redevelopment as commercial/office building.
- Acting for Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation (incorporated under the Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation Ordinance Cap.565) on the granting, modification and surrendering of long-term leases of land for industrial development at the three industrial estate sites (Tai Po, Yuen Long and Tseung Kwan O in Hong Kong).
- Acted as trustee appointed by the Lands Tribunal in the compulsory sale of 307, 309 and 311 Des Voeux Road West, Hong Kong under the Land (Compulsory Sale for Redevelopment) Ordinance Cap 545.
- Acted for a local investor in the disposal of a block of service apartments at 138 Connaught Road West, Hong Kong.
Obtained the first and second law degrees in England in 1982 and 1984 respectively
The College of Law, Lancaster Gate, London
Law Society Final Course 1983-4
- Australia, Australian Capital Territory
- England and Wales
- Hong Kong
- Leading Individual - Real Estate (International Firms), China – Chambers Greater China Region (2022, 2023)
- Leading Individual - Real Estate (International Firms), China – Chambers Asia Pacific (2020 & 2021)
- Other Noted Practitioner - Real Estate (International Firms), China – Chambers Asia Pacific (2018)
- Recognised Practitioner - Real Estate (International Firms), China – Chambers Asia Pacific (2017 & 2019)