Leader of London Office Real Estate, Co-leader of London office Real Estate Finance
Real Estate Finance, Hospitality & Leisure, Real Estate
Andrew Hepner has extensive experience acting for banks, financial institutions, investors and corporate clients in structured finance and investment transactions. Andrew focuses on structured real estate finance advising both lenders and sponsors. He also acts for banks, private equity and opportunity funds and other participants in the acquisition, disposal and restructuring of performing and non-performing debt portfolios secured on real estate.
In the investment arena, Andrew focuses principally on the hospitality sector advising private equity funds, investors, pension funds and lenders in the acquisition, development, financing and disposal of hotels and other leisure facilities.
- Advised Cheyne Capital on the provision of a £93,000,000 loan facility to FI Real Estate Management in connection with a reorganisation and refinancing of its existing property portfolio comprising both investment and development assets.
- Acted for Cheyne Capital in relation to a £173,000,000 development loan facility made available to Quintain in connection with its continued development at Wembley Park to create a mixed-use scheme providing build to rent residential apartments, parking and retail.
- Advised Wing Tai and Manhattan Garments Group in relation to the financing of their acquisition of 30 Gresham Street, London for approximately £411,000,000.
- Acted for Wing Tai and Top Paramount on the £133,200,000 financing provided by DBS for the acquisition of 8 Salisbury Square, London.
- Advised LKK/Infinitus on its refinancing of the iconic Walkie Talkie building (also known as 20 Fenchurch Street). The £600,000,000 term loan facility was made available by Bank of China and The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation.
- Acted for Crosstree Real Estate Partners and AEG joint venture in respect of its refinancing of the Entertainment District at the O2 Arena. Following practical completion of the development of the Designer Outlet Village, the existing development facility was refinanced by Lloyds and ICBC through the provision of a £231,000,000 investment loan.
- "Chris Harvey and Andrew Hepner are a very good tag team, very hands on, and have a huge amount of experience in acting on large financings." - Legal 500, Property Finance
- Andrew Hepner and Annabel Ersser are excellent lawyers, with strong knowledge of the industry – they are very solution driven, with excellent communication and management skills. "I work mostly with Annabel Ersser and Andrew Hepner. They’re very attentive and commercial. Annabel helps collaborate with various parties, which centralises a lot of discussions, making the process easier. Andrew has many suggestions on commercial points."; "Andrew Hepner and Annabel Ersser are an established team in the real estate finance space and their extensive experience allows them to cut through the noise of the deal and focus on the true risks and commercial implications in their advice. We have worked with them for years and will continue to do so as our preferred legal advisers." - Legal 500
- University of Exeter, Legal Practice Course, 1997
Common Professional Examination, 1996; BA (Hons) History, 1992-1995
- England and Wales