Chris Comstock is a partner in Mayer Brown’s Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice. Chris focuses his practice on representing companies in the financial services industry, telecommunications companies and other highly regulated entities, and parties involved in employment and labor disputes. He represents clients in jury trials, arbitration and mediation, appellate proceedings, and regulatory matters before federal and state agencies. Chris has argued before trial and appellate courts throughout the country.
Chris’s financial services practice covers complex litigation and class actions involving mortgage securitization, RICO, fraud, conspiracy, Ponzi schemes, anti-money laundering, Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems (MERS), qui tam, and numerous federal and state consumer statutes (e.g., FCRA, FDCPA, TCPA, etc.).
Chris’s telecommunications practice involves advising clients in connection with issues relating to the Telecommunications Act of 1996 and other relevant laws and regulations. Chris represents telecommunications companies in regulatory proceedings and court cases at both the trial and appellate levels across the nation.
In the employment law area, Chris represents parties in jury trials, arbitrations, and other proceedings. His practice focuses on matters arising under federal, state and local employment laws, including individual claims as well as class actions and collective actions under the FLSA. He is also experienced in litigating claims involving misappropriation and protection of trade secrets and other confidential information.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2010, Chris worked for a year as an attorney in the Employment Litigation Division of the City of Chicago Department of Law.
Harvard Law School, JD
Senior Editor, Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy
Purdue University, BS, with highest honors
Phi Beta Kappa
- US District Court for the District of Colorado
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- US District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit