Keith P. K. Cheung
Lending, Real Estate Finance, REITs
Keith Cheung advises clients on all aspects of debt financing from plain vanilla loan transactions to structuring of acquisition, receivable, and other secured financing. Banks and real estate developers seek his services in connection with facilities for the acquisition and/or development of real estate in Hong Kong and the PRC including real estate-related notes issues like securitisation. Having experienced up and down of the property market in Hong Kong, he also advises banks on taking of collaterals and their enforcement (including risks involved) in difficult times.
Keith is a China Appointed Attesting Officer (appointed by the Ministry of Justice of PRC).
- On numerous syndicated financing of developers in a joint venture with the Mass Transit Railway Corporation (MTRC) in the development of railway sites along different MTRC lines.
- For banks on numerous acquisition financing or refinancing of property portfolio acquired by institutional investors (including Macquarie Goodman group, Morgan Stanley Group, JP Morgan Group).
- For the sponsor and issuer on the largest commercial property rental receivables securitisation in Hong Kong.
- On numerous syndicated financing of developers in a joint venture with Urban Renewal Authority in an urban redevelopment project.
- Top 100 Elite Lawyers (Foreign Firms) for China-related business byChina Business Law Journal's A-List.
- “Highly Regarded Lawyer” and “Leading Lawyer.” in - Hong Kong,Banking. – IFLR1000
- “Leading Individual.” - China (International Firms), Real Estate, Banking & Finance: Hong Kong-based – Chambers Asia Pacific
- "Wins plaudits for delivering 'a very high standard of service' to his clients." – Chambers Asia Pacific
- "Maintaining close working relationships via ongoing dialogue and being willing to entertain ad hoc queries." – Chambers Asia Pacific
- Endorsed by PLC Which Lawyer?
- "Keith Cheung focuses on real estate financing and acquisitions. Clients praise him as someone who is knowledgeable on the legal side of real estate, but also the commercial aspect: ‘You have to be an entrepreneur in this area, and he is one. He is very savvy, advising us on all the risks we could face.’" - Chambers Asia Pacific
- The University of Hong Kong, LLB
- The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
- England and Wales
- Hong Kong