This three-day program from November 15-17, 2023, will focus on the tax issues presented by the entire spectrum of modern major corporate transactions, from single-buyer acquisitions of a division or subsidiary to multi-party joint ventures, cross-border mergers, and complex acquisitions of public companies with domestic and foreign operations, including spin-offs and other dispositions of unwanted operations.
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Identify key risk allocation issues when negotiating and drafting provisions in acquisition agreements
- Evaluate the relative merits of taxable transactions versus tax-free reorganizations and spin-offs, and identify when it is best to employ one transaction over another
- Understand the impact of the new corporate alternative minimum tax (“CAMT”) and the share repurchase excise tax on M&A transactions
- Leverage the tax benefits of using partnerships, and other passthrough entities, in joint ventures or as acquiring entities
- Employ tax efficient strategies in the acquisition of loss companies
- Understand the impact of new and evolving rules on cross-border acquisitions and restructurings
- Recognize, and learn to avoid, the ethical pitfalls you may encounter when providing tax opinions and recommending return positions
Mayer Brown senior counsel Jim Barry will speak on the “Current Issues In M&A” panel session.
For more information, please visit the PLI website.