On May 3, 2022, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission will be adopting amendments imposing new share repurchase disclosure requirements for issuers. These disclosure requirements are intended to promote greater transparency for investors related to issuer share repurchases. However, the disclosure requirements will impose new burdens on issuers and their advisers. We will discuss the changes between the proposed amendments and the final amendments in light of public comments. We also will discuss the effect of these changes on issuer stock repurchase programs, including accelerated repurchase programs. We will address:
- Discussion of the final SEC amendments;
- Key differences between the proposed amendments and the final amendments;
- Reporting requirements;
- Corporate policies relating to trading plans;
- Effects on issuer stock repurchase plans; and
- Effects on accelerated share repurchase plans.
For more information, please visit the event website.