In this informative and timely webinar hosted by the US-China Business Council, Mayer Brown International Trade Group partner, Jing Zhang, provided insights on key issues US investors face following the release of China’s new measures in early 2021.
Investors globally have been experiencing stricter and more extensive foreign direct investment (FDI) screenings but many jurisdictions are increasingly targeting Chinese investors. Amid current US-China geopolitical tensions, it’s vital that US investors understand China’s reaction to inbound transactions.
Jing and her fellow panelists discussed:
- How does national security review impact US investment transactions?
- What types of transactions are caught?
- What sectors are subject to scrutiny?
- What are the review procedures and timelines?
- What are some best practices to navigate the process?
- Implications of a potential US outbound investment review regime