Mayer Brown Partners Eric Edwardson and Haukur Gudmundsson will speak at the Residential Mortgage Servicing Rights Forum being held November 14-15, 2022. This conference will explore key industry issues including the housing market, Covid vs. Post-Covid Pools, a view from the Fed and regulators, and more.
Eric Edwardson will moderate the panel on “Servicing: What Are The Newest Issues As We Go Into The Post-Covid Era?” on November 14th. Topics discussed will include:
- Servicing transfers… Have the pipes been wide enough to handle all the flow? What have been the clogs?
- Have all the easy mods been done? What is left?
- How are you ensuring full datasets of transferred pools? And what else do you need to do before the transfer?
- Impact of capital regulations
- Are the factors still in place for subservicing continue to gain volume?
- How is recapture and cross-selling going?
- What should you be looking for in a sub-servicer?
- Are you ready for a flood of non-performing loans?
- Non-QM and what you need to know
Haukur Gudmundsson will moderate the panel on “Size, Scale & Exposure… Private Equity vs. Servicing vs. Origination vs. Buying Loans And Securitized Pools: Comparing Different Avenues Of MSR Market Participation As Interest Rates Rise” on November 14th. Topics discussed will include:
- Impact of investment size and how much you need to be profitable
- Comparing Cusips vs. certificates
- How much leverage?
- Evaluating risks of different approaches as the economic scenario changes: The advantages and disadvantages of being a direct buyer vs. partnering with a seller
- Are you looking to own, take on operational risk or be a financial investor?
- How are smaller banks participating?
- Fund structuring and equity raising
- The ins and outs of the JV structure
- What is in your buy box? What is out?
Mayer Brown is a Silver Sponsor.
For more information, please visit the conference website.