Banking & Finance, Structured Finance, REITs
"He is extremely knowledgeable and a problem solver."
"Haukur provides calm, intelligent and efficient solutions to our legal needs."
"He protects his client's interest but is also very solution-oriented and successfully gets deals done in very short timeframes."
Haukur Gudmundsson is a partner in the firm’s Banking and Finance practice. Haukur’s practice is focused on structured finance and other transactions involving all types of residential mortgage loans and other residential real property-related assets, including mortgage servicing rights, servicing advances, REO properties, single-family-related properties, home improvement loans and home equity products.
For more than 15 years, Haukur has represented his clients in a wide array of transactions involving virtually every type of residential real property-related asset, including several novel asset types, transactions and structures. Clients appreciate his thoughtful and creative approach to solving problems and successfully executing novel and complicated transactions.
Haukur has represented:
- Several issuers in connection with multiple private-label prime jumbo RMBS securitizations.
- Several issuers and underwriters in connection with multiple private-label reverse mortgage loan securitizations for both proprietary loans and EBO HECMS.
- Several issuers in connection with multiple residential transition loan securitizations.
- Various private equity firms, mortgage REITS and insurance companies in connection with structuring mortgage loan investments.
- Several insurance companies in connection with Federal Home Loan Bank financing arrangements backed by mortgage loans.
- The University of Michigan Law School, JD, magna cum laude
Order of the Coif
- University of Michigan, BA, with highest distinction