As a part of the Virtual Pride Parade, the Mayer Brown London LGBT+ Network is delighted to invite you to a virtual event with Son of a Tutu, who will share her story of how she overcame beatings and family expectations to finally become who she was born to be: a drag queen.
Son of a Tutu was born in Nigeria and worked in the financial services industry in New York before deciding to become a full time drag queen in London after 9/11. She has often spoken in a professional setting about her experiences as an LGBTQ+ person of colour, an LGBTQ+ immigrant and being LGBTQ+ in the workplace.
During this event, Son of a Tutu will explore the following topics:
- Her journey of going from working in the finance industry in New York to becoming a full-time drag queen;
- Bringing your whole self to work;
- LGBTQ+ rights in Nigeria vs the UK and any interlink between the two;
- Dealing with micro-aggressions in the workplace and in everyday life and how people can adjust their behaviour; and
- How to encourage large companies to work with local partners to drive change and create a world where LGBTQ+ rights are protected and furthered.
The event will be interpreted by a British Sign Language interpreter.
For additional information, please email email@example.com.