Wealth is won and lost through the management of concentrated company stock positions. With the S&P 500 setting record highs, financial advisors need to understand the wide range of strategies and solutions available for preventing loss of wealth and for meeting clients' financial goals.
Join Mayer Brown attorney Mark Leeds on May 26 (2pm–3:40pm ET, 11am–12:40pm PT) for a webinar on managing concentrated positions in company stock. In 100 lively minutes, experts at managing concentrated stock wealth will explain the approaches
- Role of the financial advisor in explaining overconcentration risks and solutions
- Strategies to diversify and create liquidity and/or protect the stock in a tax-efficient way
- Basic strategies: sales, gifts, and charitable donations of stock
- Short-term strategies: protective puts, covered calls, collars, and forwards
- Long-term strategies: exchange funds and stock protection trusts
- Tax, legal, and SEC complexities, including how Rule 10b5-1 plans can be used
- Key features of each strategy
- Checklist to evaluate which approaches are best
- Case studies
The webinar offers 2.0 CE credit hours for:
- Certified Financial Planners (CFPs)
- Certified Equity Professionals (CEPs)
- CPWA and CIMA
For additional information, please visit the event website.